1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Does any one know were i can get a gasket set from?

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by yukon1015, Aug 30, 2008.

1. yukon1015

yukon1015 Member

I really need a set but dont have a lot of money to spend so ya. thanks.

2. MN-Maxims

MN-Maxims St. Paul Minnesota

It would help if you put what kind of bike in your signature so we all know what you have.

You can find gasket sets on e-bay. But buy the time you pay for the overpriced shipping and handleing youwould be better off getting your parts from Chacal here in this forum. Go to the wanted, sell trade forum and look for chacal's thread and ask him for what you need. Good Luck

3. schmuckaholic

schmuckaholic Well-Known Member

Yes, it would help; that way we wouldn't have to search through his forum posts to find he's got an 82 650 Seca.

...or you could wait for Chacal or myself to quote them here. ;)

-------------

Obviously, if you need just one or two specific gaskets, then our line of individual OEM or aftermarket gaskets are just the ticket for you. However, if you are contemplating a complete head or cam change procedure or a complete engine tear-down and rebuild, then these engine gasket kits are the way to go.

Produced by an OEM gasket supplier, these kits contains all the items needed either when doing a head service or cam chain replacement in the TOP-END GASKET KIT. Additionally, all of the major side cover gaskets and seals are also included in a COMPLETE ENGINE REBUILD GASKET KIT.

Although the quantity and description of the gaskets contained in each kit differ by engine, the Top-End Gasket Kits contain at least the following items: valve cover gasket, cylinder head gasket, cam chain tunnel gasket (where specified), cam chain tensioner housing gasket, the cylinder base gasket, 4 cylinder base O-rings, 4 exhaust manifold-to-head gaskets, 4 intake manifold-to-head gaskets, and 8 valve stem seals.

The Complete Gasket Kits contain everything in the top-end gasket set, plus at least the following: shifter cover gasket, shifter cover internal breather gaskets, oil pan gasket, generator cover gasket, clutch cover gasket, and oil pump cover gasket.

Head gaskets are made of a graphite material and feature a steel core and are resistant to 500-degrees Celsius, making them of outstanding quality and durability, while all other major gaskets are made from Klingersil AC11-600 material, generally acknowledged as the finest gasket material available in the market today. ALL of the gaskets are asbestos-free.

XJ650 engines:

HCP5469 Aftermarket TOP-END GASKET KIT, for all 1980-81 XJ650 engines, and 1982 XJ650RJ (non-YICS) engines.

$ 109.00

HCP5470 Aftermarket TOP-END GASKET KIT, for all 1982-84 XJ650 (except Turbo) engines.

$ 104.00

HCP5471 Aftermarket TOP-END GASKET KIT, for all 1982-83 XJ650 Turbo engines.

$ 114.00

HCP5462 Aftermarket complete ENGINE REBUILD GASKET KIT, for all 1980-81 XJ650 Maxim and Midnight Maxim engines, and 1982 XJ650RJ (non-YICS) engines.

$ 129.00

HCP5463 Aftermarket complete ENGINE REBUILD GASKET KIT, for all 1982-84 XJ650 (except Turbo) engines.

$ 121.00

HCP5464 Aftermarket complete ENGINE REBUILD GASKET KIT, for all 1982-83 XJ650 Turbo engines.

$ 129.00

---------------

ChiefGee likes this.
  4. bluepotpie

bluepotpie Member

I may have gotten a great deal on mine, but i found one for my 750 on ebay for $110 shipped almost a year ago. chacal's prices are very reasonable and his kits are probably better quality that what i got.

5. yukon1015

yukon1015 Member

thanks for the info. and the suggestions i couldn't figure out how to put a signature on till now. but i figured it out. but i would need the complete kit im replacing the cam chain. But i can get every thing off ebay, buy it know for 107.00 plus shipping. but i have to get the money first any ways. but i'll keep that in mind. thanks.

6. bluepotpie

bluepotpie Member

Just keep in mind that with most of the ebay ones (like mine) they don't fit as well as higher quality ones. A few of my gaskets had to be trimmed a bit due to massive overhang.

7. MaximumX

MaximumX Member

partsnmore.com has the Athena 46pc gasket sets.

$79 plus $5 shipping for the 750 and $91 for the 650. Not sure why the difference in price, but there you go.

8. yukon1015

yukon1015 Member

thanks i'll check them out

9. driverofLYN274

driverofLYN274 Member

And just for reference for our 550 guys, they have them for only $66.

10. ChiefGee

ChiefGee New Member

11. fiveofakind

fiveofakind Well-Known Member

Remember the line

"You get what you pay for"

Buy quality first time around

Lightcs1776 likes this.
  12. Jetfixer

Jetfixer Well-Known Member

Buy the best (from xj4ever) cry once.

13. cgutz

cgutz Well-Known Member

Actually my experience is "Buy from the best (from xj4ever) and never cry...."

Stumplifter and jayrodoh like this.
  14. Myron

Myron Member

I agree. Buy from XJ4Ever.

15. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

I think a "make your own gasket" kit would get better results than half of the Chinese junk on evilBay.