1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Vintage Yamaha shirt iron-ons

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by Sarah, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Sarah

Sarah maxim-um fun

Screenshot_2017-08-22-20-52-24.png
    http://crushi.com/Motorcycle/page1.htm

I got the last one off eBay, but they have 2 like this left on the website. The pictures don't really do them justice because they have wax paper over them. They have other motorcycle manufacturers and stuff, too. And check out the "bizarre" section for some laughs :p

I'll have to post a pic once I make a shirt, I think I might try to find a t-shirt shop to do it though since this is seriously a 30 year old iron on :)

2. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

Sarah: xj Shopping Guru!
    And yes, some of those"Bizarre" shirts are awesome. If anyone is still shopping for matti's Xmas gift, I like the"Son of Satan" and "Thou Shall Not Hassle".

3. Sarah

Sarah maxim-um fun

What can I say? I love my XJ!

I like the "Rated X-tra Special" iron on in the bizarre category :p

4. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

I know they're not Yamaha, but check out these vintage beauties from the Thundrrr collection:
    15050650000161999358079.jpg 1505065020637-1055308689.jpg 1505065042531-1457727629.jpg
    All on vintage t-shirts, they're "large" and "extra-large", but my gut won't fit in them, so they should last another couple of decades!

Attached Files:

Stumplifter and Sarah like this.
  5. Sarah

Sarah maxim-um fun

Very cool :cool: I especially like the CB750 shirt.

I can't fit in any of my "vintage" stuff either, (who am I kidding, I can't fit in clothes I bought 5 years ago anymore haha)

I had a lot of really cool concert T's and tanks. (I went to a TON of concerts as a teen and young adult, made it to 6 Ozzfests in a row, multiple X-fests, May-days, my Dad took me to my first concert which was Korn and Rob Zombie lol, and my favorite was the Tattoo the Earth tour; Slipknot, Slayer, Sepultura, Sevendust, Hatebreed, Lamb of God, Mudvayne, System of a Down, Full Devil Jacket, All That Remains, Nashville p****, there was 30 some bands on 2 stages.. Omg that was the best concert ever, I'm so glad I drove to Pontiac, MI to see it! Haha.

I still have an Auto Zone staff shirt from high school too lol. Even has my name stitched on it.
    2017-09-10 18.14.43.jpg

6. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

Can't believe you mentioned Nashville p****! I've seen them a few times and they are awesome! I thought NOBODY knew who they are!

Sarah likes this.
  7. Sarah

Sarah maxim-um fun

Haha, nice to meet you Matti, I'm nobody! Lol:p

People look at me cross-eyed when I mention Nashville P****, too o_O They sure put on an awesome show. I don't remember a good portion of that day, (oops lol) but they were very memorable! :D

Stumplifter likes this.
  8. Bigshankhank

Bigshankhank Active Member

Band names aside, you should get that iron-on scanned and reproduced. Could be a small etsy shop opportunity.

Sarah likes this.
  9. Sarah

Sarah maxim-um fun

I planned on doing that, I figured if nothing else maybe a few other people here might like one. I just have to figure out how to do it!

I figured maybe if I found a local t-shirt shop that's been around for a while, they should be able to tell me how to do that in a way that would reproduce it the best.

The way the store took a picture of the iron-on was to place a bright light behind it and then take a picture of it, it has wax paper over it. Definitely doesn't do the colors justice, and there's glitter you can't see, etc... A traditional scanner wouldn't pick up the details I don't think, and I'm definitely not knowledgeable about this t-shirt making stuff! I'll figure it out though, it's a cool design and I definitely don't want to use the only one up!