1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

XJ900 Refresh / Resto

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by 1965soda, Feb 4, 2018.

1. 1965soda

1965soda Member

Here is the final set of the bike all back together. I was able to ride it down to the gas station for a fill of fresh premium and a short run up/down through the gears. Bike seems to run super but I quickly got cold and had to get another bike on the lift last night before the snow came in today (5+ inches again).

DSCN2595.JPG
    DSCN2596.JPG
    DSCN2597.JPG
    DSCN2598.JPG
    DSCN2599.JPG
    DSCN2600.JPG
    DSCN2601.JPG

Once the weather warms up and the roads get washed off a bit...I hope to get some sunny day miles on the bike to ensure all is right. May not have an update to report for a bit as my attention turns to other machines.

Many thanks to all who helped me through this process. This is a great forum!

chacal likes this.
  2. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

Looks brand new !What does that big V8 on the stand fit into?

3. 1965soda

1965soda Member

Thanks Matti! Appreciate the kind words!

Believe it or not....that is a Toyota 3.5l V6. We have a little prep work yet to do on it, need to fabricate some brackets, and then it will be going into a 93 Toyota MR2 Turbo chassis. My son says it will fit....because the internet says so. o_O

4. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

I've heard of that being done, perhaps in an old issue of Sport Compact Car magazine. I can't go check, as my wife sold them all at a garage sale.:mad: