1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

For Sale 82 Seca 750

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by Richard Elbon, Sep 5, 2018.

1. joe elliff

joe elliff Active Member

Oh man. U have got to post up a picture or two of your superbee that you’d bought. Love those

2. Richard Elbon

Richard Elbon Active Member

Wasn’t trying to be clever or deceptive,just a round about figure,close guess,in the neighborhood kinda thing.

3. Richard Elbon

Bought and sold the bee.All I have are hard film pics.

4. ElkHavenSeca

ElkHavenSeca Active Member

Love mine bought new in 81

Attached Files:

timothy guay likes this.
  5. Richard Elbon

Nice..... You have a fairing like the bike I’m getting has. Is that factory or aftermarket?

6. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

That's is the factory option
    Sport Fairing

7. Richard Elbon

Reason I ask is because the grey one I’m looking at has that fairing with it,color matched although the widow of the owner who bought it new can’t rememder ever seeing it mounted.

8. Richard Elbon

Is it rare or fairly common? I’ve never seen one in person only pictures

9. hogfiddles

Difficult to find, lightweight option and it takes a different mount than the touring fairing

10. Richard Elbon

Unfortunately Oregon DMV being what it is,they say 6-8 weeks for the widow to get a replacement title. Meanwhile I picked up an 82 GS 1100 E to do a little work on and resell.

11. ManBot13

ManBot13 Well-Known Member

I drew the same conclusion from the title of the thread.

Given the amount of money needed to do basic refurbishment, plus tax+title+registration (unless you're a dealer) it'd be hard to make any money flipping an XJ. Supply is large, and demand is low. You'd have to get it for way under 1$/cc, AND misrepresent it as a restored motorcycle that needs nothing when clearly they all need something. Parting them out is really the only way to make any money that I've seen. At least that's the market around DC/East Coast

12. Richard Elbon

This particular grey 82 I’m looking at is a mint low mile one owner for $600. Again it’s in a horse barn for the last few years.,dusty,dirty but finishes,chrome,paint are as new. I know it will come out OK. The 82 GS 1100E that I alluded to I brought home for $1500 with a truckload of spares. I paid the asking and in the last week I have sold most of the spare parts for $1650 and kept a bunch of parts for my 83 GS 1100E,and I still have the bike to sell. Homerun so to speak.If I basically cleaned up the Seca,cause it doesn’t need restoration, flushed everything and checked it all out and sold it for 1200 or so I’d be happy.

13. Richard Elbon

This one is next. Agreed on $600 one owner recently deceased,waiting for the title to get there,16,000 miles has a small Yamaha sport fairing with brackets sitting in the dry but dusty office of a horse barn. Widows brother confirmed it spins over by battery. Talking to the wife of the og owner it’s been there and not moved in a few years. Can’t wait to get going. Will be a nice project.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    timothy guay likes this.
  14. Richard Elbon

I’m curious about your term supply is high demand is low. Around the North West here you see them for sale occasionally but not in great numbers. Saw a 900 sit on Craigslist for many months no sale, two 750s sold couple weeks ago. I found the maroon one on my header on Craigslist and the grey one coming soon in a barn from word of mouth. That’s about all that’s in this area.

15. hogfiddles

Overall, there are plenty of XJ's around. Some models more plentiful than others. There are a lot of 550, 650, 750 maxims around...not as many 750 secas, but still plenty. I could put my hands on a dozen in a heartbeat. There are many sub-models that ARE very rare, and this by no means a comprehensive list. Some rare ones--

650r - non turbo ( USA)
    650 turbo
    Any police package
    900rk (USA)
    550r
    85/86 airhead or X ( though there are a fair amount around)

Of course it's all sort relative to where you live, too. Just cuz you might not see any other 750r's in your area doesn't mean they're rare. Just because somebody didn't buy one doesn't mean the demand is low, either.

The 900 is tough to find... not many came in to the USA, and the "Harley Tariff" put a quick end to them coming in-- though they were available around the world for years after. They're not easy to find, but I could put my hands on 5 or 6 at a moment's notice. BUT I bet they won't sell very easily

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  16. Richard Elbon

There was a 900 Seca for sale on Seattle Craigslist about 7-8 months ago deleted by poster. I kept the phone number cause he was only asking $1000 for what looked to be a clean low mile bike. Might give it a call today.A lot has do with constant research and culling the ads. I get up early to find deals.Like this 82 gray one I’m waiting for the title to get there. I heard about it from a friend of a friend.$600 with some type of factory sport fairing that’s the same color. 12000 roughly miles. I have an 82 Suzuki GS 1100E for sale for $1300 Ibought about a month ago for $1500 that had SO many spare parts that I kept a lot for my 83 and sold most of the rest for $1550.And still have the bike to sell. This gray one coming up I’m thinking about keeping cause I had one new. We’ll see.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  17. hogfiddles

I'd be interested in the serial number for the database

18. Richard Elbon

Serial number for the gray 750?

19. hogfiddles

No, for the 900rk.

20. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

Seeing as how this isn't a for sale thread I think we should move it to the Hangout Lounge.
    What say you all?

dkavanagh likes this.