1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Big Brother

Discussion in 'Other Motorcycles' started by fiveofakind, Dec 16, 2018.

1. fiveofakind

fiveofakind Well-Known Member

Well, I finally pulled the trigger and bought a 2005 Honda VTX 1800C1......bought in Maryland, drove it up to York, PA for shipping to California .......I signed up for a 45 day ship time (cheaper rate ) as I was in no hurry for it.....the bike actually arrived in 8 days........

What a muscle monster bike.........best part.............it is fuel injected.......

Aww......no carbs to screw with.....

I hope little brother in the back is not disappojnted.....he is my firstborn.....

Attached Files:

2. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

That's good highway bike. Parking lot maneuvers are...well...interesting ;)

3. fiveofakind

Thank you K-moe......I have been looking for awhile now.........went back to PA for deer season a couple of weeks ago........and went down to the Mason-Dixon line to look at this bike.......

13 yrs old.......4,800 miles ( I don't doubt this is the original miles )..........test droveit......liked it.....bought it....shipped it....

It was cheaper to buy there & ship coast to coast, then what sellers are asking for their bikes out here......interesting.....

I will hang on to my 750 for awhile but will probably eventually sell it.......

Let me know if you know of anyone interested in the XJ750 ..........asking 3k ...but always negotiable at this point....dont really need 2 bikes......

Jeff

4. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

Nice score! Dang, you were only about 4 hrs away from me--would have been cool to meet. Oh well......another time

5. fiveofakind

Very similar lines on these bikes.....great styling back in the '80s.......

The VTX is pretty much stock except for the aftermarket pipes....... Vance and Hines
    Nice sound out of them......

1800cc is a lot of torque......one must have a soft touch on throttle or it can get squirrely on you in a hurry.........

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  6. Bilfknmury

Bilfknmury New Member

Owned a '02 1800R right before I bought my dad's XJ. Great bike except for the fuel pressure regulator. Can't remember if the newer bikes had the issue or if it was only the '02/'03. Either way easy fix for a super reliable bike. Good looking find!

Attached Files:

Franz likes this.
  7. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

Sounds like Bilfknmury has a Bigfknbik!

fiveofakind, Bilfknmury and jayrodoh like this.
  8. fiveofakind

Bill, do you still have it......or no need for 2 bikes.....?

9. Bilfknmury

Bilfknmury New Member

I sold it to purchase my dads XJ. I wouldn't have minded to keep it around but I don't think the wife would have appreciated it. She's extremely forgiving on a lot of my hobbies and this battle just wasn't worth it to me lol.

i actually really miss the foot boards on it. That was the only bike i've owned that had them but they made my cruise extremely comfortable. (I work about an hour away from home.)