1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Univeral Ebay Digital Gauge Support Thread

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by Praxeus, Feb 21, 2019.

1. LarryMc

LarryMc Active Member

My install was on a Honda with a factory fuel sender and I got no signal until the fuel gauge float was about at half tank level. Then it would jump all the way to full. Adding the resistor helped the gauge read completely at any range the fuel level signal gave.
    I would give it a shot with what you have and see if it functions correctly as you cycle it manually, if possible. You can always add a resistor afterwards.

2. Praxeus

Praxeus Member

I think I used a black and lime green wire, and it worked. I used process of elimination and ground testing to determine. I will update when I go back in and solder that connection. I replaced the headlight in the stock ring and had a helluva time reinstalling the assembly back into the bucket and aligning the tabs correctly. There is also a huge gap around the headlight bulb when it is buttoned up. As far as I can tell, this is normal. Was actually considering getting some foam weatherstripping in their to seal out moisture and protect the wiring from new corrosion.

3. Slavè Viktorijoski

Slavè Viktorijoski New Member

Hey guys can I get some help? I attempted to connect ebay universal speedo on my Yamaha XJ650 4K0 on one wire (GREY) of the coils and rpms started to appear but when I switched from 2 to 4 cylinder engine in the settings or the digital speedo the rpms disappeared or got frozen on 1000rpm and barely moved even I revved the bike over 3000-4000 rpm , so my guess is in order for this universal speedos to work properly you have to connect it on the negative terminals on both coils. Right? This is the speedo I'm talking about

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2023