1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

83 xj750 midmax carb problem

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Mkehughes678, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Mkehughes678

Mkehughes678 New Member

Hey guys, thank you everyone who’s helped me with this build up to this point, it’s saved me countless hours.

So I’m currently cleaning/ rebuilding my carb, gut feeling my throttle shaft seals are gone since it’s running so lean, need to order those tonight.

Currently taking the carb apart and can’t get the “main nozzle” as the book refers to it out. Main jet 120, screw comes out but the pin with all the holes in it will not budge on 2 and 3, 1 and 4 fell right out but not sure what to do, thinking this may be causing my idle problem.

Any suggestion on sure fire ways to get them out without damaging? Tried heat and carb cleaner but to no avail.

Thanks guys!

Mike

2. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

Screw the main fuel jet back onto the end of the tube, just finger-tight, and then whack (gently) with a hammer, etc. That will break them free, take fuel jet back off, push tube out.

Mkehughes678 likes this.
  3. Polock

Polock Well-Known Member

take the main jet out, take the washer off, screw the jet back in finger tight, turn the main jet back our one turn, tap on it and it should move, if it move but it's still stuck use the pointy end of a chop-stick

Mkehughes678 likes this.