1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Dunlap 404 or Pirelli MT66

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by tabaka45, Sep 3, 2019.

1. tabaka45

tabaka45 Well-Known Member

I need to replace my old Dunlap 404’s and I am considering the Pirelli MT66. Anyone ever used the Pirella tires? Cost is pretty close and both have good ratings with the Pirelli slightly better on mileage.

2. JetmechMarty

JetmechMarty Active Member

I use the Pirelli 66 over and over and over again. I need to order another pair this evening. It's a strong performer.

[​IMG]

3. jayrodoh

jayrodoh YimYam Premium Member

I've had them on the wife's bike. I'm happy with the performance and longevity of them. On the flip side I have never run the 404's so I cannot compare.

4. tabaka45

tabaka45 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I have the 404's on now. They came with the bike when I got it and the bike had about 10,500 miles on it and I have put about 8,000 on them with no problems, just wear. I have Bridgestone's on my other two bikes and easily get more that 20,000 miles out of them, so 8,000 - 10,000 seems low, especially since I am anything but an aggressive rider (got all that out of my system in my younger days.). Think I will give the Pirelli's a try.

5. JetmechMarty

JetmechMarty Active Member

I never get a whole lot of miles from any tire. The Pirelli is a good value in my book. I completed an order for new ones just moments ago.
    YMMV