1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

XJ4Ever.com Coil Kit for XS1100

Discussion in 'Other Motorcycles' started by JetmechMarty, Sep 6, 2019.

1. JetmechMarty

JetmechMarty Active Member

This week, I purchased a coil kit from them. The kit comes with complete instructions, leaving nothing to chance. Coils come prewired, and everything is labeled. No trips to the hardware store. They thought of everything. Doing this in the driveway, outside a messy garage, took me 55 minutes. It was well worth the price of admission.

[​IMG]
    This poorly running XS1100 has little time left before the long trip to VYR.

[​IMG]
    The kit just as it comes. Nothing to wire up. No trip to the hardware store.

[​IMG]
    New coils in their new home. The bike runs like new!

2. Xjrider92117

Xjrider92117 Active Member

What were the symptoms before?

3. JetmechMarty

JetmechMarty Active Member

The ignition was breaking up when it got warmed up, and worse when it got hot. It was an uneven miss. My plan is the put a few hours in the saddle in the morning to give it a good check ride.

The bike was running very rich, and poorly. I had a little over 10 volts at the coils with the battery at 12.35 vdc. I found one connector to the main fuse that got me one volt when I cleaned it. I found another at the connector to the ignition switch. I also disassembled and cleaned the kill switch and ignition switch. I replaced the stator connector and a length of wire on each side of it due to corrosion. The bike ran better. 1 & 4 plugs going from black to brown. That is when I decided the coils where also bad. I wasn't going to throw parts at it when I knew I had electrical issues. I'm hoping for a few hours of smiles tomorrow.

4. Stan Norman

Stan Norman New Member

Wow! Sounds just like my problem. I bought 4 NGK caps for 10 bucks and problem solved. Good you found your .