1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Xj 700 need parts

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Isaac G, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Isaac G

Isaac G New Member

so, I’m sure the technical chat is not where I should post this but I’m not sure where else. I recently got into an accident on my 1985 xj700 (guy ran a stop sign) thankfully I walked away with nothing more than a few scratches and a bruise. But the bike took more damage, since this is my first motorcycle and I have put a lot of time into her I don’t want to let it go. I’m being paid out but need to know a good website to check out for parts for the xj bikes if anyone has some suggestions. Thank you!

2. sybe

sybe Active Member

3. Pizzaman

Pizzaman Member

I would look on sites like ebay for used parts. Any critical mechanical parts go with the XJ4ever as mentioned

4. Simmy

Simmy Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you’re ok. How bad is the damage to the bike?
    Bent forks, front wheel, handlebars, instruments might be best to buy a parts bike. Make sure the frame is straight before you buy any replacement parts. Again a parts bike could provide that to.
    Winter is short in California better get started inspecting things

5. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Well-Known Member

Hi Isaac
    Happy that your still walking and talking.
    I have 2 Xj700n parts bikes. Give me a shopping list and some pics and I can help out pretty cheap.

6. Isaac G

Isaac G New Member

I will definitely look into those sites. Thank you all. Well most of the damage was front end. Handlebars and levers are done. Surprisingly the headlight and instruments are ok. Forks Look to be in good shape but definitely going to upgrade, frame is good and engine and everything run properly. If I can, I want to try for new parts but a parts bike would be very nice to have