1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Seca Turbo headed East!

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by CyberDashie, Oct 18, 2019.

1. CyberDashie

CyberDashie New Member

Greetings all!

I have been on the lurk here on the forums for a while and have gained some invaluable knowledge already! I figured it would be a good time to join up!

I picked up this classic and rare Yamaha XJ650 “Seca Turbo” that was not running, but had under 15K miles, up in Sacramento for $1000. I managed to get her running at the right time by cleaning the carburetors, fuel lines, pressure regulator, etc and installed an aftermarket fuel pump (will try to restore the stock one when I get home). I rode her to San Francisco! Then, I wound up getting to the West coast of California and rode down US-1/The Pacific Coast Highway South to LA where I knew a few people.

If the admins are okay with it, as I head East, I am game to meet anyone along my route. This would be primarily I-40 to Memphis (from Phoenix), and then down through Alabama to Atlanta, with an emphasis on anyone willing to give me a place to crash for a night or so. I do have a tent and sleeping bag with me and am a former Boy Scout, so I’m not just looking for a place to rest my head as I am always ready and willing to camp!

Just wanted to share a little peek into my madness and see if I might happen upon anyone interesting along the way! I’m aiming to get back to Atlanta before Samhain (Halloween), but my timing is beyond flexible given the situation. Anyone with good intent may message me and I would love to see what comes of this cross-country adventure I have ahead of me!

I have attached pictures of me and my amazing machine! I hope to hear from some of you, and even if nothing comes of this adventure, I travel often and am always exited to meet new and interesting people!

~CyberDashie

Dave in Ireland likes this.
  2. jayrodoh

jayrodoh YimYam Premium Member

Congrats and welcome aboard! Keep us posted during your journey!

CyberDashie likes this.
  3. CyberDashie

CyberDashie New Member

Thanks man! Definitely will do.

Seeing if these pictures will post.

98CA6CCC-F335-4A3F-999A-D7B5E06D48ED.jpeg

Andrew Nichols and Jetfixer like this.
  4. CyberDashie

CyberDashie New Member

5. dkavanagh

dkavanagh Well-Known Member Premium Member

Looks good! Be safe!
    I'd try some Meguiars Plasti-X on the windscreen. It works wonders.

CyberDashie likes this.
  6. kerriskandiesinc

kerriskandiesinc Active Member

Nice Turbo, now I'm having flash backs to 'Never Say Never Again ' and James Bonds>unofficial, was never a Cubby Broccoli film, if I remember correctly!, ( modified) Yamaha Turbo racing along the Bahamas!!

CyberDashie likes this.
  7. CyberDashie

CyberDashie New Member

Good looking out, dkavanagh! I will definitely give it a try. One of my very few complaints would be the hazy windshield. I know how hard they are to find too. I would prefer to restore as much as I can to keep her original.

8. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

Now... if your trip takes a lot longer than you anticipate, you can always arrive in central NY in time for the 13th annual Central NY Carb Clinic next June 13, 2020

jayrodoh likes this.
  9. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

We have them in stock, brand new, pre-drilled, correct appearance and fit, and most importantly, crystal-clear:

XJ650 Turbo and XJ750-D models:

HCP13557CLR Aftermarket original-replacement front fairing WINDSCREEN, clear, stock 18" height with no "windlip" at the top edge. For all 1982-83 XJ650 Turbo and XJ750-D models using the stock Yamaha fairings. NOTE: includes the blacked-out lower section but does not have the "Turbo" decal as original.
    $

HCP13557CLNR Aftermarket original-replacement front fairing WINDSCREEN, clear, stock 18" height with no "windlip" at the top edge. For all 1982-83 XJ650 Turbo and XJ750-D models using the stock Yamaha fairings. NOTE: includes the blacked-out lower section and the white, non-reflective "Turbo" decal on the inside of the screen (before black-out paint was applied) as original.
    $

HCP13557CLRD Aftermarket original-replacement front fairing WINDSCREEN, clear, stock 18" height with no "windlip" at the top edge. For all 1982-83 XJ650 Turbo and XJ750-D models using the stock Yamaha fairings. NOTE: includes the blacked-out lower section and an aftermarket white-reflective "Turbo" decal on the inside of the screen (before black-out paint was applied) as original. This white-reflective decal material appears as a light metallic silver (about the same color as the bike's painted fairings) during the daytime, and then "shines" like a street sign when illuminated at night.
    $

HCP13557DT Aftermarket original-replacement front fairing WINDSCREEN, dark smoke tinted, standard stock 18" height with no "windlip" at the top edge. For all 1982-83 XJ650 Turbo and XJ750-D models using the stock Yamaha fairings. NOTE: the lower section is not blacked-out on this dark tinted windscreen, and does not have the "Turbo" decal as original.
    $

HCP13557CLRW Aftermarket original-replacement front fairing WINDSCREEN, clear, extended 20" height screen includes a small "windlip" molded into the top edge for better wind diffusion at high speeds. For all 1982-83 XJ650 Turbo and XJ750-D models using the stock Yamaha fairings. NOTE: includes the blacked-out lower section but does not have the "Turbo" decal as original.
    $

HCP13557CLRWNR Aftermarket original-replacement front fairing WINDSCREEN, clear, extended 20" height screen includes a small "windlip" molded into the top edge for better wind diffusion at high speeds. For all 1982-83 XJ650 Turbo and XJ750-D models using the stock Yamaha fairings. NOTE: includes the blacked-out lower section and the white, non-reflective "Turbo" decal on the inside of the screen (before black-out paint was applied) as original.
    $

HCP13557CLRWRD Aftermarket original-replacement front fairing WINDSCREEN, clear, standard extended 20" height screen includes a small "windlip" molded into the top edge for better wind diffusion at high speeds. For all 1982-83 XJ650 Turbo and XJ750-D models using the stock Yamaha fairings. NOTE: includes the blacked-out lower section and an aftermarket white-reflective "Turbo" decal on the inside of the screen (before black-out paint was applied) as original. This white-reflective decal material appears as a light metallic silver (about the same color as the bike's painted fairings) during the daytime, and then "shines" like a street sign when illuminated at night.
    $

HCP13557DTW Aftermarket original-replacement front fairing WINDSCREEN, dark smoke tinted, extended 20" height screen includes a small "windlip" molded into the top edge for better wind diffusion at high speeds. For all 1982-83 XJ650 Turbo and XJ750-D models using the stock Yamaha fairings. NOTE: the lower section is not blacked-out on this dark tinted windscreen, and does not have the "Turbo" decal as original.
    $

HCP14523 Aftermarket front-mount "TURBO" DECAL, with adhesive on the back of the decal, for front-of-windscreen application. Originally, the Turbo lettering was applied onto the inside of the windscreen, and then painted over with the black-out treatment. We've made some of these decals in the same size and shape as the original decal, but these have the adhesive on the rear of the decal, so they can be applied over the front of the windscreen. Made from a high quality, 3M brand white, non-reflective outdoor vinyl decal material.
    $

HCP14524 Aftermarket front-mount "TURBO" DECAL, with adhesive on the back of the decal, for front-of-windscreen application. Originally, the Turbo lettering was applied onto the inside of the windscreen, and then painted over with the black-out treatment. We've made some of these decals in the same size and shape as the original decal, but these have the adhesive on the rear of the decal, so they can be applied over the front of the windscreen. Made from a high quality, 3M brand white-reflective outdoor vinyl decal material. This white-reflective material appears as a light metallic silver (about the same color as the bike's painted fairings) during the daytime, and then "shines" like a street sign when illuminated at night.
    $

10. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

P.S. we also have the mirror stalk rubber boots available...……...