1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

New person

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by Wayne Stuart-Cole, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Wayne Stuart-Cole

Wayne Stuart-Cole Member

Hello everyone, I thought it was time I posted something as I picked up on Saturday my first xj, in fact it’s my first 4stroke Yamaha.
    She is a 1984 xj900f , 44000 miles, fitted with a PowerBronze twin headlight full fairing.
    I think I love it already and I have not ridden it yet.

don’t worry, sooner or later I will work out how to post pictures :)

2. dkavanagh

dkavanagh Well-Known Member Premium Member

Congrats! Can't wait to see it. Once you've posted 5 times, you're allowed to upload photos here.

Wayne Stuart-Cole likes this.
  3. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

Nice, looking forward to seeing that bike. Welcome to the forum.

4. Wayne Stuart-Cole

Wayne Stuart-Cole Member

Thanks for the welcome

5. Jetfixer

Jetfixer Well-Known Member

Welcome to the group , you will be surprised at the posts on the site with alot of valuable info. Cheers

6. kerriskandiesinc

kerriskandiesinc Active Member

Welcome, Scouse lad, from a Manc ;)

Nice XJ....yes, be good to see Pics, haven't seen a Powerbronze fairing for quite a while.....what happened to your original?

Not sure if you are Tranmere.....Liverpool or Everton, but the 'Pool had a bit of a blinding game tonight.....even though I'm a Man U fan, lol ( at least we won!!)

7. Wayne Stuart-Cole

Wayne Stuart-Cole Member

:) I am a blue, but not that kind, Live in Toxteth, born in Blackpool and raised in Manchester, so that would be a City blue.........
    I don’t know who fitted the fairing but it has been done very well, as part of the spares I got there is a proper yam factory bikini fairing and a belly pan along with a brand new screen

kerriskandiesinc likes this.
  8. kerriskandiesinc

Hahaha,
    That means I can't talk to you......ever, lol....Welcome Blue Moonie !!

So, make some random posts so we can see those pics, lol

9. Wayne Stuart-Cole

Wayne Stuart-Cole Member

How do you mean ‘random’ ?

10. Wayne Stuart-Cole

Wayne Stuart-Cole Member

Everyone talks to me, I’m lovely and if it help my ‘true manc’ brother is a red.

11. kerriskandiesinc

Lol!!
    Our footy banter is going to annoy the Yanks soon.....yes, I agree, I am a 'True Manc' too, lol .....born in St Marys 'Ossy..when it was still in the centre of Manchester, but, my grandad, my dad, all Reds supporters, so I grew up at Old Trafford.....< just out side the City of Manchester , lol !! ;)

random.....I dunno, but you'll have to make 5 posts before you can post pics, mate!

PS HOPE yours isn't an ex despatch one ( ex motorcycle courier, 15+ years!!)

12. Wayne Stuart-Cole

Wayne Stuart-Cole Member

Spooky, I also was a motorcycle courier for a graphic arts supply company on Oxford Rd, then Piccadilly from 79-82, I am a city fan because when I was 8 I got hit by a car and smashed my legs, mum and dad were away so I was on my own in hospital with no pain relief as I had recently eaten, I was screaming the place down, some man came and sat with me until dad eventually got there........ Mike Summerbee.

13. Wayne Stuart-Cole

Wayne Stuart-Cole Member

Right I have enough posts now, just need to find a free hosting place for pictures.

14. dkavanagh

dkavanagh Well-Known Member Premium Member

You can upload them here... that's allowed after 5 posts. Click "upload a file" at the lower right.

15. kerriskandiesinc

Blimey....which graphic arts company....I started in 1985, so a little after you, did the rounds of most of the courier companies in Manc, also worked for GBM, another well known graphics/post processing company.....left after too many bad Winters, a few too many bad smashes, in 2000...

Mike Sumerbee...I remember him, lol....good player, City legend !!

Ok...

I was maybe ....8 ( just after me mam had died), me and dad, and our collie on the beach, could have been Red Wharf Bay, Treaddur, Anglesey......windswept, me dad sees a bloke in the distance, kicking a ball about...."Oi, Bobby, give us a game"....over comes..... Bobby Charlton, takes his jacket off, passes me the ball, dad puts his jacket near Bobby's......Bobby's in goal, quick dribble, I face the goalie and " What a curler, top corner".....

Sir Bobby Charlton is a rubbish goalie !! ( he's actually very good, lol !!)

16. kerriskandiesinc

Small world, lol.....we've probably supped in the same pub.....or met at one of the bike meets, countless times....lol !!

Or maybe you chased me off the pitch, when City put us into the 2nd Division, I was there, with me mates...lol !!

( I know....it wasn't City, rather our own fault for being rubbish that year...but by heck, I hated Dennis the menace Law after that cheeky backheel l, lol )

I lived in Swinton, then Middleton, but was always a regular at bike rallies, the biker pubs in the City, and all over the country, etc......and yes, Jilly's.....as a conformed long haired 'Rocker, lol...mostly on my Red n Black 900R...until I painted it Green and Gold and Black.....but also, my small fleet of XJ's....650/750/Maxim...amongst others !

17. Wayne Stuart-Cole

Wayne Stuart-Cole Member

When we moved to Port St just off Piccadilly it was called Manchester Graphic Center, I used to deliver to GBM, stopped using a bike in late 82 after a nasty crash, they bought me a van then.
    Think I went to Jilly’s once, I was more the Russell Club in Hulme type and Disco’s, used to go to the Spread Eagle in Ashton on Wednesday and Rivvi on Sunday

btw this bike is most definitely not an ex courier bike

18. kerriskandiesinc

Yup used to go to the Spread a lot too, and of course Rivvi barn.....my grans farm-cottage used to be in Wheelton....well, it still is, but was bought by an American chap, in the 80's converted into a very big house!! ( he's a nice bloke, met him once, when we were showing some friends where her 16th barn/cottage used to be!!)
    Manchester Graphic centre......Hmmmm...I don't remember that one....been long time though, and lots of brain rattling crashes !!

Small world, lol!!

19. Wayne Stuart-Cole

Wayne Stuart-Cole Member

Pics and story are on, yes I messed the pictures up, in my defence it was the first time.