1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Old member.... New XJ900s...

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by Hillsy, Dec 15, 2019.

1. kerriskandiesinc

kerriskandiesinc Active Member

2. Hillsy

Hillsy Member

To the brake lines?

Here they are:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Univers...m2379082648:g:O5sAAOSw3v5Ynlw4&frcectupt=true

It was under $20AUD for the pair.

Keep in mind these worked for me due to the length being correct - not sure if I just got lucky but you would be best advised to measure what length you need and search accordingly. These ones are pretty rigid and you wouldn't want too much excess line that you would have to bend around excessively.....or too little and have them stretched on fork extension.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    Franz and kerriskandiesinc like this.
  3. kerriskandiesinc

kerriskandiesinc Active Member

4. 50gary

50gary Active Member

Thanks, you saved my some typing about the brake lines, opps, I guess I didn't. Plus you used the dual line set-up, it's the best way.
    Cheers, 50gary

5. Hillsy

Hillsy Member

There was nothing wrong with the original split line set-up (except of course the twisting of the hoses at the caliper ends). Having steel line in the system is ultimately the best as it is not prone to expanding or deteriorating like a rubber hose is. However, there are other issues like vibration and flexing that can make steel lines fail over time. And the extra joins between steel and rubber just add to the complexity....

But the dual lines should at least make it easier to bleed if I ever encountered any dramas with that process.

6. StefanoXJ900S

StefanoXJ900S New Member

I replaced the brake discs and would like to change the calipers as well, someone can tell me if the calipers of the MT 07 can fit the Diversion 900 S?

7. StefanoXJ900S

StefanoXJ900S New Member

I have found these : com.ebay.mobile_Screenshot_2021.12.30_22.46.01.png com.ebay.mobile_Screenshot_2021.12.30_22.44.44.png com.ebay.mobile_Screenshot_2021.12.30_22.45.16.png