1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Frame into Sissy?

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by alanolynn, Jul 2, 2020.

1. alanolynn

alanolynn New Member

Quick question:

Has anyone taken the end of their frame, extended it, and bent it upward to create a sissy bar, in a closed loop? I've seen a million bikes with the little "cafe" loop ending on the back, but never have I seen an incorporated sissy bar. Am I a pioneer? Do I think ahead of my time? Is this the worst idea ever?

2. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

It's been done, just not here.

3. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

why not do it like the 650 with a king/queen seat. fasion a grab bar that goes high.

4. alanolynn

alanolynn New Member

Mine does in fact, have the grab bar, but I'm hoping for something higher. Also, I'm trying to trim as much of the fat as possible on this. So if I'm able to just used the frame as a starting point, instead of bolting something new on, all the better.

Also, I have a Sportster solo seat and passenger pillion on the way, so the king/queen seat will be put in storage. I want to sit lower, and hopefully further back. Lots to do in order to keep the bike safe, but I feel it'll be worth it.

Don't worry fellas, most of the bike will still remain stock.:cool: