1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

For Sale 82 650 Seca With Extra Parts - Toronto

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by Jimmytime, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Jimmytime

Jimmytime Member

After years and years, it’s time for me to give up my beloved Seca. We’re moving and I just need the space.

It has been parked in my underground parking for the last 9 years. It was put away running though – but that was a long time ago. There’s a fair amount of surface rust on the chrome now and the brake reservoir has been seeping and making a mess. A few years ago when I had to move it I burnt out the starter. All in all, it’s not pretty.

BUT - that’s just the bad news! The good news is I have lots of spare parts for it (including a starter). 3 banks of carbs, wiring harness etc. It also has the original headlight and even an extra gas tank! I have a complete engine gasket kit still in its packaging!

When I rode it I made a number of modifications. It has dyna coils, bladed fuses, engine guards and a spin-on oil filter adaptor. It has the engine from an 83 Maxim in it (original engine died) with about 42k on it.

I think the bike still has a lot of potential as a from-the-ground-up project or a resource for parts. I kept it all the years with the intention of restoring it, but I just don’t think it’s going to happen and my new place just doesn’t have the space (I have 3 other bikes – and a very patient wife!).

I’m in downtown Toronto and I’m afraid I don’t have the time to part this bike out – you have to take everything. The aforementioned patient wife is insisting I ask $200.00 for everything. If you want it you will obviously need to come with a way to transport it and you may want to bring someone else along – it will need to be pushed up 2 fairly steep parking garage ramps (I’m happy to help with that too).

Before I stored it away 9 years ago I intended on selling it and created a little webpage about it. I sent it to my wife, who read it said “It’s obvious how much you love this bike, just keep it and fix it up later.” This page has a lot more details on it – but please note that the webpage (and the pictures) are 9 years old. The bike has aged a bit. Also, I mention an extra header and luggage rack – I don’t have those anymore.

http://jamesreid.ca/seca/

2. Jimmytime

Jimmytime Member

Also meant to add - ignore the price I was asking on that webpage as well. It's also outdated!

3. tj.

tj. Active Member

Life is funny...I sold my Seca a few weeks ago...having sellers remorse, and I find this. Life is funny.
    Going to PM you.

Franz likes this.
  4. tj.

tj. Active Member

LOL
    The following error occurred:
    Jimmytime's inbox is full. Therefore, you cannot start this conversation.

5. Jimmytime

Jimmytime Member

Sorry guys! It's been years since I've been on this site and I didn't realize my "conversations" were at 600%(!!) capacity! I've emptied everything now. Received a couple of emails (from the webpage I guess). Feel free to email me through that or through this site too (now that I should be able to receive messages).

6. tj.

tj. Active Member

7. Jimmytime

Jimmytime Member

Thanks for this! Can't wait to see what you do with it. I'll be living vicariously through you

8. joejr2

joejr2 Active Member Premium Member

Would you have a set of carb intake rubbers left over by any chance

9. outacontrol

outacontrol New Member

Any chance you would have the wiring harness?

10. Jimmytime

Jimmytime Member

Sorry guy - I haven't been watching this (or getting notifications for some reason). I sold the bike to TJ along with all of the parts!