1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Stuck in gear

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Yammaat, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Yammaat

Yammaat Active Member

Well..there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel;
    the plan was to buy a 900 and refurbish that bike into a seca, to me btw only the 11M is a real seca.
    Put the crown of the seca on the forks of a 900 and go.
    To have a 900 engine in is very appealing to me but could experience the same problem then...
    But.. did some snooping around and there are some shops that are willing to do the splittingjob etc. of the old engine.
    Parts are cheap so all in all it would cost me around 5-600 euro when only the engine is delivered. Peanuts in my opinion for such a good engine. I've got a shitload of extra parts so could ride the seca till i'm buried or something..lol
    In the meantime perhaps an Tracer 700 or a TDM so that would mean an extra bike :).

2. Franz

Franz Well-Known Member

SecaRat getting repaired and a spare bike, that's cool.

3. Yammaat

Yammaat Active Member

Still got an srx-6 and a fj600 ratbike.

But more important.. first we'll have to see what happens in the Ukraine because the shit is hitting the fan soon is the prediction.
    Ukraine declared war on Russia last week and bombs are falling.
    It's fairly closeby so..

4. Yammaat

Yammaat Active Member

Well.. as it turns out after some TDM-riding last months, the SecaRat won't be rebuild.
    To much trouble and time doing so, I have no garage and all wrenching must be done in a seacontainer 10 mls from home + $1000.
    The difference between the two bikes is very big especially regarding the stability, brakes and suspension (!!).
    Had to make many miles and cornering efforts to get used to this bike but now I am and I like it.
    Still miss the Seca's turbinesound and low-end smoothness but the 'snork' and torque of the TDM, when yanking the gas open, is very addictive.
    So.. 2 xj-bikes in parts now.
    Still got the unused external oilfilter conversion if somebody is interested in this part.

5. Yammaat

Yammaat Active Member

But.. perhaps some of you (in Europe?) would like to have some parts so all is either going to be scrapped or I can make somebody happy with some items.
    Still got a lot of stuff left but not for long...
    The TDM runs fine and is a good bike but still kinda miss the turbine-like running Seca. Still the best running bike I've owned.

Anyway.. let me know if you want something. Parts are nearly free of costs.. shipping isn't ofcourse.
    Take care (of your XJ) and have fun!