1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Need help on muffler mount for a 83 XJ750MK

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by 68vistacruiser, Sep 23, 2021.

1. 68vistacruiser

68vistacruiser New Member

I've been restoring a 750MK for several years now. I'm just about finished. I installed the exhaust, and discovered I misplaced the mounting hardware for the muffler. I believe it was a shoulder bolt going through a washer, then a rubber bushing (or two), then through the muffler and finally an oval nut. The parts book doesn't show it at all. Can anyone out there help?
    Thanks!

2. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

You've got to look both in the EXHAUST SYSTEM and the STAND-FOOTREST section of the Yamaha parts catalogs to find all of the exhaust mounting parts. We have all of the parts that you need, including the special rubber insulator and the oval nut:

HCP24634 Aftermarket muffler mounting bolt RUBBER DAMPER, helps prevents vibration and a “squeaky” exhaust system. Use 1 per side, this round hard rubber bushing bolts into the rear footrest bracket. For all 1983 XJ750 Maxim and Midnight Maxim models. Each:
    $ inquire

HCP3938 OEM muffler mounting SHOULDER BOLT, for all 1983 XJ750 Maxim and Midnight Maxim models, use 1 per side. This bolt goes thru the muffler mounting rubber damper. Each:
    $ inquire

HCP26217 Aftermarket muffler mounting bracket bolt OVAL NUT, use 1 per side, for all XJ750 Maxim, Midnight Maxim, 1981-83 XJ750 Seca, and XJ750 Euro models, each:
    $ inquire

You can contact us thru the website "Conversation" service or send an e-mail to us at: info@xj4ever.com

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    Jetfixer likes this.