1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Bike doesnt want to start....

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Rod1, Feb 3, 2022.

1. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

Ok, just checking. Did you orient the diaphragms and slides correctly?

none of us can be working on our stuff as much as we want due to work—- lol

2. Rod1

Rod1 Member

i assume were correct since first the diaphrams were change and the bike had the same problem to idle...was the float levels totally off...then the bike started one more time and kills the battery and never started again...this afternoon I will have time just to check the sparks, maybe 2 or more are not working

3. Rod1

Rod1 Member

Update. Finally had some time to sit and check the electrical system. Everything looks and measure normal but when I got to the TCI this little box was burnt in one corner an opened on top. I have to replaced that but here is the cacht...in this country (Argentina) the only company we have that made that TCI for this model comes with two connector not one as the one in the bike (thinking that one in the bike is the original one). This new TCI comes with a little manual that indicate what to connect where with cable colors included...so, I have a little challenge ahead. Is this bike has any wet coil start (sorry for my technical english) or something like that? Bike of this years ussually have some as the susuki...