1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Mixture screws sigma jetkit

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Stroker, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Stroker

Stroker New Member

I have installed a sigma jetkit and got rich fuel conditions. Is there enybody that have doen this before? How many turns out is your mixture screws?

2. Polock

Polock Well-Known Member

jet kits are usually for bikes without stock air filters so they pass more fuel. pod air filters take a lot of tuning and might never run as smooth as stock.
    hate to say it but best bet is go back to original jets and filters, then it's just a matter of having clean carbs

Jetfixer, k-moe and Franz like this.
  3. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

Sigma sells multiple kits. Which jets did they supply in yours?

4. Stroker

Stroker New Member

Attached Files:

k-moe likes this.
  5. Stroker

Stroker New Member

I have installed the pilotjets 45 and mainjets 115 . Just one washer under needle and drilled the slides. Runs great if run hard but normal crusing will make plugs fail after a while. Engine is in stock condition.

6. Stroker

Stroker New Member

I think the pilotjet 45 size is too big. After talking to Sigma jets I was told the extra fuel comes from the needle and not the pilotjet. So first I will try to remove the last washer under the needleholder to test.

7. Mezzmo

Mezzmo Active Member

I've used the 6Sigma jet kit on my XJ650. I started with 45 pilot and 150 main but was too rich. Ended with 42 pilot and 125 main. Took a fair amount of work, also note if you have an XJ650 then don't use what I have as I have made many other mods to stock. Have you checked that your choke isn't passing? This was an early issue I had.
    Without knowing your engine sepcs is difficult to give you an accurate answer

Stroker likes this.
  8. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

Also, be aware that some aftermarket jet manufacturers do NOT use the same size designations scheme as Yamaha (Hitachi or Mikuni) did.

- on Hitachi fuel jets, the numbers refer to the actual physical size of the passage hole expressed in millimeters, i.e. a #114 fuel jet is 1.14mm in diameter, a #42 fuel jet is 0.42mm in diameter, etc. Hitachi air jets are a whole different animal, and air measuring airflow volume at some (unknown) specific level of vacuum, and thus there is no direct (easily computed) relationship between the air jet passage diameter and the Hitachi "size" on their air jets.

- on Mikuni fuel jets, the numbers are a measurement of the volume (cc’s of gasoline) that will flow thru the jet when poured in from a height of 50cm. There is no direct (easily computed) relationship between the jet passage diameter and the Mikuni "size" on their air or fuel jets.[/b][/b]