1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

For Sale 1982 Yamaha XJ750 Maxim

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by Deano750Maximxj, May 4, 2022.

1. Deano750Maximxj

Deano750Maximxj New Member

1982 XJ750 Maxim for sale. I am the second owner and it currently has approximately 6500 miles. I originally picked this up several years ago and it only had about 4000 miles on it. It had sit in the previous owners garage for a long time which caused the oxidation that you see on a lot of the trim. I do not know how old the tires are but they do not show any rot. Everything is original except for the front turn signals and the new fuse box under the seat. The only thing that I have found that does not work properly is the push button turn signal cancel button. It does cancel the turn signals automatically but the manual button does not work. The gas tank does not appear rusted inside but the outside does have some issues. The chrome is not perfect as it is starting to pit a little.

I've never found the time to ride it as much as I would have liked and it has just been collecting dust in my garage. I bought a new battery for it last summer. It's time to move it to an owner that will actually use it.

If you need any more pictures, please let me know and I'll get them to you as soon as possible.

I'm asking $1500 or best offer.
    RS.jpg LS.jpg Front.jpg Rear.jpg Mileage.jpg Gas Tank.jpg LS Motor.jpg RS Motor.jpg Rear Tire and Exhaust.jpg

Andrew Nichols likes this.
  2. Andrew Nichols

Andrew Nichols Active Member

Nice looking bike and then price is right!

3. 750MaximSeattle

750MaximSeattle Active Member

Great looking and low miles! Easy to restore, although the clear coat aluminum covers and trim is more tricky. The chrome however will likely clean up nice and easy using 00 grade steel wool.

The tread pattern on the front tire looks like what came stock on these xj's. The rear does not. The 4-digit stamp that follows the 'DOT' will indicate when manufactured, first two are which week of the year and 2nd two represent the year. I learned a lesson and damaged a show bike when I lost traction in a corner due to old tires. I strongly encourage riders to swap out aging tires, it's not about tread depth it's about how sticky (or not) the tires are. Especially for stopping quicker and avoid going into a slide or hold a line at high speed in tight corners.
    Shinko 712's are very affordable (3 years ago, I bought front & rear combined & shipped only $120 from Chapparal Motorsports in CA) , but I'll recommend them because they are very good tires and I've tested them for years on several bikes I've owned. Shinko bought out Yokohama, which were good quality MC tires. I just looked up a front tire for example: https://www.chapmoto.com/shinko-712-front-tire.html