1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

1985 Yamaha maxim x 750 rebuild?

Discussion in 'Reviews - Service, Online, Retail Shop' started by Chrismaximx750, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Chrismaximx750

Chrismaximx750 New Member

Hey I just picked up an 85 maxim x turns out it’s got a knock in the bottom end sounds like cilnder 3 anyone know how much a rebuild would cost? Or where I could get the parts?
    Thanks Chris

2. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum and what a great bike. Them are the water cooled fast bikes. You got the 750 too, so nice.

Chris, take some time and read up on your bike on here. There are lots of forums for anything or almost anything you would like to do to the bike. We will need some background on you as well. How long have you been riding, wrenching stills and anything else you want to add.

As for parts, the top right hand corner of every page has the board sponsors icon. He is great to work with and will get you the "right parts for your bike". Lots of times if you order parts from other sights you will find they may not fit your bike.

The knock could be just from the bike needing to be serviced. Take the time to read up on changing the oil, doing the valve clearance check ect. I would guess that the bike is running well other than the knocking sound? The bike should sound like a well oiled sewing machine when running correctly.