1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

carburator tune/problems

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by bauer809, Apr 17, 2008.

  1. bauer809

    bauer809 New Member

    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Location:
    Baltimore
    I recently cleaned my carburetor out and I can sometimes get the bike to start for about 3 seconds and it dies down. The quick-start into the airbox makes it run a little bit longer. The problem is it wont idle, itll just shut off. So I was messing with the idle screw because I thought that was the problem and it didnt do anything. I have no idea now.
    I think i might have to synchronize the carburetor... can I do this myself? and what tools would i need to do it? and could you explain how to do this?

    I have completely re-done this bike and this is my only obstacle before getting it on the road.
     
  2. leadboots

    leadboots Member

    Messages:
    217
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    aylmer ontario canada
  3. mac11

    mac11 Member

    Messages:
    41
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Location:
    Outside Chicago
    make sure the flaot height/fuel level is correct. That will KILL you. Ask me how I know.
     

Share This Page