1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

82 XJ650 parts for sale

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by badams201, Apr 25, 2008.

1. badams201

badams201 Member

Nashville,TN Area
    I have several parts off of a 1982 XJ650 Maxim for sale. These parts are in good useable condition for their age. Some of them are parts I took off for upgrades, and others came with the bike when I got it. Below is a list of parts. I will try to get pics soon.

1.rear grab bar with helment lock(no key)---$15 plus shipping SOLD
    2.seat(dont appear to be oem)---$10 plus shipping SOLD
    3.air box with boots(boots are for connecting the carbs to air box)---$15 plus shipping SOLD
    4.wiring harness---$15 plus shipping
    5.motor- Was told this motor runs. Dont have a way to tell, though. The head is off, the clutch basket is missing, the pick up coils are gone. The head has a couple of intake bolts broke off in the head. ---Make offer
    6. mirrors(could be cleaned up-they are painted black)---$5 plus shipping
    7. handle bars----$10 plus shipping SOLD
    Since Im currently at work, this is all I can remember having. I will check and see if I have anything else, if so I will list.

I would be more then happy to trade anything for a good set of down pipes for the same bike. I cant seem to get me polished up. The guy I got the bike from painted all the chrome. He did a good job, looks like he used 100 grit sand paper to rough up the chrome. If anyone could tell me how to fix, shoot me a pm. If I dont have to replace, that would be better......Well for the bank at least. :wink:

I will clean up the parts best as possible before I ship them.

Attached Files:

2. MaximumX

MaximumX Member

I'm in the market for seat. How much would shipping be to Canada? Cheapest possible, of course! :wink:

3. pvtschultz

pvtschultz Member

I too am looking for a seat, and I'll take the mirrors if they are in pretty good shape. Send me a PM with price. Thanks!

4. chevy66driver

chevy66driver Member

Sent you a message.

5. civitas104

civitas104 New Member

Do you still have the grab bar? I have a set of headers, not in great shape, but better than you've got.

6. badams201

badams201 Member

I will check monday and see what they would charge. I try to get the shipping costs before I try to guess it. I try not to make any $ on the shipping. The only time it cost more then the orginal postage is when I buy one of their boxes. Got to help the fellow xjer out. :wink: I will see if I have a box that it will fit in, if not I will buy one and take it up to the post office and see the cost.

7. konartis

konartis Member

If the grab bar doesnt sell. Ill take it. Im in cookeville

8. MaximXJ

MaximXJ Member

Are the handlebars stock?

9. badams201

badams201 Member

As far as being stock, I really dont know. They were with the bike when I got it, but being stock, I have no clue.

Sorry, I havent had time to check in and get rest of the pics up. I have been working doubles and havent had the time. Once we slow down at the hospital, I will get back to this post.

Should be able to get the pics up sat or sun., as sat ends my work week.

10. badams201

badams201 Member

OK, the grab bar is sold. Sorry I havent been on here to keep up to date. We had a close family friend, of over 20 years, passway this past weekend. We have been with their family helping them through these hard times. I still have rest of the things listed for sale. I havent had any intrested in the motor. So, this weekend(time permitting) I am going to tear in to get and part it out. If anyone needs motor parts from an XJ650 maxim, let me know. I do know the clutch basket is not there, nor is the starter, carbs. The clutch cover will need the center portion replaced.

11. tumbleweed_biff

tumbleweed_biff Active Member

Did you sell the seat yet? I saw a couple of inquiries earlier ...

Mike

12. badams201

badams201 Member

Yes, still have the seat.

13. CaptInsanoX

CaptInsanoX New Member

I'll take the seat. PM me with details for payment

14. philbrewer

philbrewer Member

Do you still have the header pipes and possibly collector? PM please.

15. badams201

badams201 Member

Sorry, I am looking for some as well. I have some that are on the bike right this moment that are not in too great of shape. If I find any, I will send it your way. I am running low on "fix up" money.