1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Lehigh Valley Carb Clinic (take two)

Discussion in 'Eastern US and Canada' started by Desinger_Mike, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Desinger_Mike

Desinger_Mike Member

Carb Clinic and other repair projects??

I'm not the host, but wanted to invite fellow XJers to the clinic
    Dave Rea is the host. He is just east of Allentown PA off I-78

Date is August 2nd

The CC would kick off at 8:00 AM with coffee and pastries, followed by lunch at noon (burgers and dogs) and then dinner in the evening for those who hang out. Liquid refreshments served all day, if drinking beer, PLEASE drink responsibly. There will be plenty of BS-ing along with some bike tuning thrown in. Last year we had a little unexpected "episode" that had us
    running to the Yamarobber before it closed at 4:00. Also, two minutes from his place is a Cycle Gear store with loads of gear and accessories, open till 9:00 I believe. Following the CC we usually go for a group ride to a convenient location for everyone to split and go their separate ways.

Please RSVP to ( davey28 at rcn dot com ) or myself designermike2000 at yahoo dot com so we know how many to expect.

Thanks and hope to see lots of XJ folks in August!

PS – ALL bikes welcome. You know who you are :eek:)

I believe we may tackle a clutch job or steering bearings this year if there is time.

2. hecky817

hecky817 New Member

Sounds cool, I dont want to rsvp cause its too far away for me to tell yet...but me and 2 friends would probably show up. We are all in Hamburg, Pa.

3. phillyturbo

phillyturbo Member

Sounds good to me im in philly thats like an hour from me

4. jgb1503

jgb1503 Member

I'd love to go, but I am about 5 hours away ;-(

5. Desinger_Mike

Desinger_Mike Member

Just a REMINDER!

Next Saturday we are getting together for some tuning and maintenance. (and a little group ride)...maybe a beer or 4

We are actually doing front wheel bearings, brakes, fork seals, and steering head bearings on Dave's '86 XJ700 besides whatever carb tweaking that drives in.

It starts around 8:00 am and will probably break up early evening I would guess.

Address if you want to mapquest or google it is:
    2779 Brentwood Dr
    Coopersburg, PA

From Allentown and west, just get on I-78E and take exit 59 and at the top of the ramp go straight accross. (and follow the signs).
    From East of Allentown, take I-78W and take the exit 60B and follow 145N up the hill to...I think it's the second light and take a left on Rock rd. Cross over I78 and take the first left.

PLEASE take it easy at the curve on the bottom of the hill on brentwood. There is ALWAYS loose gravel on this turn and we don't need any road rash at the clinic.

PM me if you want a cell phone number if you get lost or break down. We have a trailer available I believe.

Mike S

6. tubabone

tubabone Member

wow not too far away. I will have to check out my sat. AM schedule.
    k

7. Peli

Peli New Member

It's tempting for me to drive there from OH to hang out and have someone hold my hand while I break down my carbs, but unfortunately after riding 6 hours I probably wouldn't feel like cruising around which is kinda the whole point!

8. Desinger_Mike

Desinger_Mike Member

After riding 6 hours, you probably wouldn't feel like cruising around anywhere :)
    I doubt we will spend much time riding....more time wrenching and eating/drinking/B.S.ing

That's a long haul to make both ways. I'd plan on spending the night.

9. davey28

davey28 New Member

Fellow XJ'ers, this is Dave, the host for this coming Saturday's XJ-demo and carb tuning day. I want to thank Mike S for heading up the XJBIKES side of the invites. I've been handling the micapeak side.

A few things I want to add to Mike's comments. I do have a trailer but no hitch yet BUT the guy I bought the trailer from will be here Saturday. I met him through the XJOG email list. He has a new trailer now so if someone breaks down (within a reasonable distance), I'm sure we could rescue them.

If you come on an XJ you're welcome to bring companions along on any other brand of bike. I just don't want a 100 Hardley's here :eek:)

Oh Hanna, you're always welcome........

With that said, please email myself ( davey28 at rcn dot com ) or Mike so I know how many to expect.

Thanks and hope to see lots of XJ folks here Saturday!

Regards,
    Dave

10. hecky817

hecky817 New Member

I speak for myself and Jon....we both had a great time. Thanks for the gathering. When you have another we will be there, hopefully on more sleep so we can make it through the whole day.