1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

For Sale XJ PARTS FOR SALE---FOR ALL MAXIM, SECA, AND TURBO MODELS

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by chacal, Nov 10, 2006.

1. jdpesz

jdpesz Member

Well, That was quick! When you told me that the order shipped on Tuesday, I wasn't expecting it until tomorrow or Saturday. But my studs and nuts arrived in today's mail! Thanks again for your all-star service, Len! :D

2. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

Hey Jeff, that WAS quick! Be careful as you remove the old studs, and please use anti-seize on the new ones!

3. Highhauler

Highhauler New Member

Looking for an engine side cover and a set of small crash bars for a '82 xj 650 seca.Thanks for any suggestions.

Andy

4. Oblivion

Oblivion Active Member

Hey, I forgot to post up my sucess story with Chacal. I needed new screws for the crankshaft cover and opted for the allen keyed stainless ones from Chacal. I ordered them on a Sunday night before July 4th. Since I was heading out on a trip on Thursday, I just expected to get them when I got home. To my surprise they showed up Wednesday and I slapped them in in time for the long haul. I also picked up a new set of the rubber washers for the valve cover screws, but I haven't installed those yet.

Anyway, fast, correct, and decently priced. Nice work.

5. chacal

Hey Oblivion, thanks!

Highhauler, which engine cover is it that you are seeking?

6. Highhauler

Highhauler New Member

Its the side cover that has Yamaha and YICS right under it,there is one on each side.Thanks for the response.

7. chacal

Hey Highhauler, okay, but let me just check..........a 650 Seca should have that little round crankshaft end cover "blank", no wording at all, and should not say either YAMAHA or YICS on it...........let me know. Also, which side (or both sides) are you seeking?

8. phorce1

phorce1 Member

Re: XJ PARTS FOR SALE---FOR ALL MAXIM, SECA, AND TURBO MODEL

chacal, you need to edit your first post in this thread. Use the following as the link to the "parts list" messages. Rather than just sticking you on page 13 of the thread and splitting the parts list over two pages it puts the first parts list message at the top of the page and the whole list is on a single page.

http://xjbikes.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=2 ... t=192.html

Gerald

9. chacal

Hey Gerald, thanks! That really works...........how did you figure that out?

And how the heck do I change my "e-mail" address associated with the button on the bottom of my postings? I've tried every which way and it doesn't allow me to change it.........

10. bill

bill Active Member

I copied the whole list into a text doc so I can search it - Makes it lots easier...

11. phorce1

phorce1 Member

The "start=xxx" at the end of the link refers to the POST NUMBER in the thread. Each "page" is 15 posts. When you just use the built in "GoTo Page xx" links at the top/bottom of each thread page they just take you to ((page#-1)*15) (page#-1 because page 1 starts at 1, not 15). So, page 13 starts at ((13-1)*15) == post # 180 and your original link, copied from just clicking to page 13 ended with "start=180".

But, that number can be ANY post number, doesn't actually have to be divisible by 15. So, I just counted down the posts knowing that the first one I was looking at was # 180. Your first parts post was # 192. Change the # on the URL and bingo, move that post to the top of the "page".

I'll look at changing the email link and edit this post in a bit.

Gerald

12. chacal

Geez, you guys are way smarterer than me is!

And thanks again for the help!!!

13. phorce1

phorce1 Member

I use FireFox. The search bar at the bottom (hit CTRL-F) is even easier than searching in any text viewing application. Especially when searching for a term that will appear multiple times.

Type "carb" into the search bar then just keep clicking the "Next" button until you find the right instance of the search term.

Gerald

14. phorce1

phorce1 Member

New post RE: email button.

It appears to be tied to the email address you've registered at the forum with -- and the forum owner has disabled the ability to change your registered email address (that's not real cool, people change email addresses more than you think).

Also, the "fake email" option in account settings seems to have no effect at all.

You'll need to PM the forum owner and ask them to change your registered email address.

Gerald

15. bill

bill Active Member

Firefox rocks for sure. But now I can search offline too :D

I have been a VERY good customer lately :lol:

16. schmuckaholic

schmuckaholic Well-Known Member

I did the same thing. I'm thinking of dumping it into an excel or word/wordperfect file (making sure to give each section its own subpage) and printing it to PDF -- let people download THAT instead.

17. phorce1

phorce1 Member

I started working on putting it into MySQL last night. Updates to follow -- though SLOWLY, that's a lot of copy/paste/correct/clean work.

18. chacal

Phorce...maybe I should send you the FULL list.....it's about 10 times as long (and growing)............?

19. phorce1

phorce1 Member

My big thing is going to be finding pictures. It's really just a lot of copy/paste otherwise.

If you have the full list in text or .doc/html (to preserve things like BOLD notes) format that would work.

I'll have enough done this weekend to let you have a look.

Need to take the bike back to the mechanic that cleaned and tuned it later today. Sounds like the timing slipped and I don't have a light here with me -- if I have to drive 20 miles to my garage I might as well drive 30 to his.

20. chacal

Yes, it's in "forum format" with the embedded html commands ([/b] and all that stuff) so all the underlines, bolds, bright cheer-y colors will all be there.......send me your e-mail address and I'll shoot it off to you.