1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

in a bit of a dilema but a good one

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by 85MaximXX, Jul 14, 2008.

1. danno

danno Member

Wow,nice job Richard! I am impressed! Mind if I ask how much the clear coat cost per can? Also,is it fuel resistant? It looks great! Sorry to get off topic,but I never read any feedback on the durability of the rattle can clear. Gamaru (probably spelled that wrong) did an awesome job on one of his bikes with a rattle can,but I didn't remember reading how it has held up (Big hint,G-man).

2. flash1259

flash1259 Member

Speaking of duplicolor they also have great automotive paints, The problem with the duplicolor rattle can paint is gas eats it up

But discovered that they also have great colors ready to sling, They also have clearcoats seen them at autozone by the rattle cans

Paint Shop Primer
    BSP100 Gray

Paint Shop Color
    BSP200 Jet Black
    BSP201 Championship White
    BSP202 Brilliant Silver
    BSP203 Performance Red
    BSP204 Deep Blue
    BSP205 Gray
    BSP206 Chrome Yellow
    BSP207 Hugger Orange

Paint Shop Clear
    BSP300 Clear Coat

Strainer Kit
    BSP400 Strainer Kit

3. 85MaximXX

85MaximXX Member

flash third from left is getting close to what I like but tooo much copper color in that particular one.

syracuse you are also in the ballpark but same thing less copper more orange. with a bit of pearl.

Yes HOK are very nice paints but I doubt unless I want to pay more i doubt that they are what he has in mind for the price. I have seen the paint he uses and jobs he has done my other friends harley they did 5 years and 12k miles ago not a chip, fad nothing still looks awesome..

4. 85MaximXX

85MaximXX Member

syracuse

Well I seen a Dodge calibur go by on a semi so I finally got a chance to stop in at the dealer. The new trucks and a calibur have a sunburst orange pearl( very very close to the go mango!! To me looks the same maybe they just needed a new name for 08?? In person I really like it so now that I finally picked the color and dropped off the remaining few parts I had to bead blast things are underway. I have to be out of town most of next week for work but hopefully when I get back Fri all will be ready for assy. I will get pics of the new paint up when I get things assembled. Does anyone know if the dealer normally stocks the swing arm bearing? while the bike is torn down I might as well do some maintenance.

5. rpgoerlich

rpgoerlich Member

The SprayMax Clear Coat cost me around 17.50 a can plus tax, I picked up 4. Ended up using 2 cans on the Turbo(2 coats), the side covers on the Maxim and the tailpiece on the XS. So far it holds up well. Supposed to be Chemical resistant. Here are the Spec's for the ClearCoat

6. Desinger_Mike

Desinger_Mike Member

The spraymax 2 part clear has been holding up great on my tank. Numerous spills and no fading or stains.
    Highly recommended for the rattle can paint job.

7. treybaxter

treybaxter Member

Mine is close to that blue i think. Dodge paint. PT cruiser.

lol....

I hate PT cruisers too.

8. Lisa

Lisa Member

I'm partial to silver.

9. treybaxter

treybaxter Member

10. Gamuru

Gamuru Guest

(Sounds like I've been called out. And yes, you spelled it wrong. But, hey, I've been called worse. :wink: )

My wife has a bad habit of dribbling fuel on fill up and the gas cap gasket isn't the best. However, I'm pleased to report the clear has held up extremely well. I highly recommend it!

(How's that? About cover it?)

Here's a picture to prove it:

Attached Files:

11. wizard

wizard Active Member

good job you weren't taking that picture in the buff, gam'.

12. robtech

robtech New Member

i already know what color im painting mine...factory yamaha blue from the new R bikes...such a sexy blue