1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Progress(Pic Heavy)

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by Marko, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Marko

Marko Member

Aloha,
    Here are some pictures(hopefully) of the bike('81 XJ650Maxim) when I got it initially, and this afternoon in the driveway, including the modified tailessembly, ammocan saddlebags, and different bars and mirrors.
    Yes I've got fluids backing up and leaking, which isn't good, so I'm going to have some mantinance to do pdq, but other than that I'm quite happy atm(So please disregard the lake beneith the bike.) I can take some video/audio later on, but I want to get the gas/oil backup fixed before I do too much running.
    First got it:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this afternoon:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mrkil

mrkil Member

awesome saddle boxes.

now paint the bike to match with maybe a ww2 fighter motif

and this helmet

[​IMG]

3. weoxstan

weoxstan Member

You just gave me an awesome idea. I was wanting some kind of saddle bags. Your idea of ammo cans and paint the bike to match. I gotta do it.

4. Marko

Marko Member

I can't actually take credit for the idea. I thought about 50cals or tupperware, and then saw someone on here used 20 or 40mm's. I liked the look. I'm going to convert to a bobber this winter, and I think I am going to use a 50cal or 50cal tall for a combination battery-box and electrical housing.
    Actually, I've got several ideas that I am looking forward to implimenting, but first I've got to take care of my carb issue.(Eg: sticking float and spraying gas into my oil, then spraying all that into my airbox. yummy.) Anyway, off to get seafoam. Hopefully that will take care of me, however I think I'm going to have to yank the carbs, and with my appt for inspection tomorrow, it's gonna be cutting it tight, especially since I've never done it before...

5. losdinspace

losdinspace Member

The ammo boxes look great. Any pics of the mounting. Is it to the shock mounts?

6. wamaxim

wamaxim Active Member

Think about it........ The luggage is inexpensive, waterproof, easily replaced if somehow damaged and, well, damn near bullet proof! At least from the inside out!