1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Motorcycle Philosophy 101

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by ddibling, Jun 30, 2008.

1. PaintIt(Flat)Black

PaintIt(Flat)Black Member

There's nothing like your first time. You know she's been used but it's OK because she's all yours now. You take her where you wanna go and you get on top of her and run your hands down the her side, feeling every curve of her body. reach between your legs and make sure she's ready to get turned on. And it's cool because you brought protection. You grab a hold and suddenly she's screaming as you ride her. You know it won't be long till you get where your going, but still she begs for more. so you give it to her and go all night long. After you get off and have a smoke you realize there will never be anything like the first time you drove a motorcycle.

2. PaulT

PaulT Member

No matter how much I ride, I don't foresee my bike changing my gender :wink:

3. MN-Maxims

MN-Maxims St. Paul Minnesota

Untill you wrote at the end "drove a motorcycle" I thought you were talking about your first hot date. LOL

4. gunnabuild1

gunnabuild1 Member

Can't put it into words it's just an elemental part of me.
    I can take putting it off for a while but if it was taken away from me for ever I wouldn't be living I would just be killing time.
    In a different time I would be probably be into horses or pushbikes I just enjoy that individual push a little bit harder factor the horse would add a bit to that,nothing like a mate to share it with after all a horse is a dog you can ride isn't it.
    And there's the electric bikes of the future.
    http://www.vectrix.com/portal/index.php
    May not be my ideal but it is a future.And look how far we have come in the last 50 years god bless engineers.

5. EdinaDad

EdinaDad Member

Hey Ron,

He WAS talking about his first hot date.

Dang, those pipes are sometimes WAY too hot.

6. bill

bill Active Member

I didn't realize how much I missed riding until I test rode my XJ. I had a 20+ year gap in riding. The old feelings took over and I had to take her home.

I get asked a lot about gas savings making me get back to riding. I have to admit it was a consideration but the reality is the payback is very long for a bike when you include insurance, gear and maintenance. So my answer is always - partially but mostly it is the thrill of the ride.

Those who ride or have ridden nod knowingly, the rest are left confused...

7. RickCoMatic

RickCoMatic Well-Known Member

When my old '76 Camaro failed inspection for frame rot ... I only had my 900 for a daily driver to and from work.

I had to gear up with a complete set of riding gear because it can get chilly at night getting out of work at midnight or later.

I would practice taking a racing line all the way home, hitting the apex of turns and getting way over in a tight sweeper on the cloverleaf entering the highway.

Once you take command of the bike and develop the confidence to not fear the tight turns and sweepers ... its a thrill ride.
    On weekends, I run the 900 and go run with the kids on their plastic wrapped bullets.
    I love getting in the groove and hanging-over in the turns.

I'm still too gun-shy to do any serious knee-dragging ... but, I manage to get through the tight ones without losing too much speed any more.

8. PaintIt(Flat)Black

PaintIt(Flat)Black Member

Definately First Hot Date, Always make sure you have some good rubbers before you start. ;-)

9. PaulT

PaulT Member

This comment popped into my mind on the way to work the other day....I was 2 vehicles behind a dump truck, which had apparently been making it's yearly visit to Thai restaraunts.

After not riding for so many years, on Monday's ride home, I had my first zen experiece with this Seca. Everything was perfect, I was one with the bike, the road, the sunshine and the air...absolutely perfect...then some idiot stopped in a 40mph zone to let the cars on the side streets (with stop signs) pull out. No accidents or anything, but the idiocy of the move just got to me and took away my zen.

10. Gamuru

Gamuru Guest

^^^ I find it very annoying and extremely dangerous when other drivers make up their own traffic rules like the guy you mentioned stopping to let others in. How is anyone else going to know that he's now decided that the new rule is to stop and let waiting traffic in? Definitely a Zen killer.

11. moguy

moguy Member

before it was "a jeep thing" it was A MOTORCYCLE THING!

PEOPLE ARE FRIENDLIER ON A BIKE FOR THE MOST PART WE STILL WAVE AT EACH OTHER. we all know the ones that don't wave

IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT THE GUY/GAL NEXT TO YOU IS TALKING ABOUT DON'T STOP NEXT TO THEM AT THE NEXT LIGHT!

IF I WANT TO SLALOM THE DOTED LINES I CAN!

12. PaulT

PaulT Member

actually....'SHE' (don't it figure)

Now I'll be in trouble with our lady friends

13. jdpesz

jdpesz Member

In a car, your feet never touch the ground until you park and get out. On a motorcycle, you connect with the road, not just while riding, but stopped at an intersection as well.
    Driving a car just cannot gratify like riding a motorcycle can. I can't explain it any better than any of you already have.

And Don, please tell your wife she's much more like Angelina than Eddie! :D

14. bigfitz52

bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

WHAT???!!! You're not supposed to slalom the dotty lines?!? I know it gets to be a bit difficult above 65mph, but...I agree on the smell factor, from steaks to wood stoves to dead animals. I ride a lot in the very early am, the differences in air DENSITY and humidity (in pockets) are another of the things you just can't get in a car. This gets "in your blood" and it won't go away. Some people can give it up after a year or a wreck, but for some of us it is a lifelong pursuit and being forced to do without for a couple of years makes it all that much more rewarding. My eight year old son went for his first (2) street-bike rides on this past weekend, and I fear he is hooked as well...

15. Gamuru

Gamuru Guest

:lol: Done!

16. shogunl

shogunl Member

I can describe motorcycle riding when compared to car is:

BIOMECHANICAL HARMONY

That is body and machine becomes one.

17. wizard

wizard Active Member

like the buddhist said to the hot dog vendor "make me one with everything"

18. TheHound

TheHound Active Member

Ate a hotdog, tasted real good.
    F. Zappa

19. ddibling

ddibling Member

It hit me this morning as I shaved. This summer I took up the sport of straight razor shaving. And yes, I have the scars to prove it. But straight razor shaving is alot like motorcycle riding. You've got to pay attention. It only takes a seconds' worth of distraction before you're bleeding. It's a challenge and it demands focus. Just like motorcycling. Yes, I can tool down an open road and daydream a little. But when you pick up the pace or the traffic picks up the pace for you, all those extraneous thoughts vanish and there's nothing but me, the bike, the road, and all those trying to run me down. Get distracted for a second and you're bleeding.

But for both pursuits, the challenge has its rewards. When I finally put down my razor and there's no blood running down my face, the feeling of satisfaction is sooooo much greater than when I shaved with a safety razor. Same with a bike. When you can navigate through the 5 O'Clock 500 gridlock and make it home in one unbleeding piece, there's a feeling of accomplishment that just doesn't come from a car.

Ride to Work, Work to Ride,

Dean