1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Xj900

Average User Rating:
5/5,
  • Year:
    Make:
    Yamaha
    Model:
    xj900 SECA
    Engine Size:
    853cc
    Modifications & Accessories:
    Easier to say what is stock: Much of the frame, the engine and the final drive.
    XJ900 Cafe Racer...
    Build by Greg Hageman based upon a design brief that asked, "If Yamaha had evolved the xj line more towards a naked, cafe racer motif, what might the xj900 SECA look like circa 1999?"
Franz, Cwjleaker, Sal Raciti and 21 others like this.
  1. Ryan 82 XJ650 Maxim
    Hi. Gorgeous build. Is the gas tank original? If not what is it off of? Thanks for your help.
  2. Bosen
    Wow what a beauty
  3. nillawaferjam
    where did you hide the battery?
    1. Mike Martens
      It is in the tail cowl... Lithium Ion job. Works great, smaller, saved a few pounds too.
      Mike Martens, Mar 22, 2017
  4. bikermania001
  5. Paul Fitzpatrick
    Lovely machine!Pretty sure I saw it sometime back in a UK bike mag?
  6. schmiglish
    1. schmiglish
      Love this build, I think you'll like mine. will upload pics soon
      schmiglish, Dec 1, 2016
  7. robawf
    Can you explain the carb set up on this bike. Those aren't stock to that bike, are they? They look like flat slide carbs, off of what? How do you like them, as far as, response and maintenance?
    1. Mike Martens
      You are correct; mikuni flat slides that had been set up for the fj1100. Had to have some extensions machined so bowls would clear the alternator. Carbs were dyno tuned and we were able to go up on the main jet a little, and had to lean it out at idle some. They sure make power at the top half of the rev range, and they fire right up no problem.
      Mike Martens, Nov 18, 2016
  8. wdaloz
    I have a photo of this from Barber a few years back, I rode my red/white 81 seca over with some friends from Atlanta. I prefer stock to most customs but this is very tastefully done. awesome build.
      Mike Martens likes this.
  9. Kristofer Thaler
    Did you completely disassemble it to paint it? Is the engine done in one coat? No primer, or finish?
    1. Mike Martens
      While Greg Hageman did the build and the design, I had Eric at Flying Tiger Motors in St Louis MO dress the motor... and yes, he took it out of the frame and disassembled quite a bit to get to everything. It did a great job.
  10. TLadd711
    Cant really tell, but did you get a after market tail light? or did you push the stock tail light back into the housing?
    1. Mike Martens
      It is an aftermarket LED job with two round lights that are both brake and turn signals. It all sits behind some black mesh and, when the key is off, is pretty clean, but with the key on the LEDS shine through brightly.
      Mike Martens, Feb 10, 2016
    2. TLadd711
      another question, i see you have a small pod filter attached to something near the break rear set.. what is that for and what is it attached to? thank you
      TLadd711, Feb 19, 2016
    3. Mike Martens
      That is the crankcase breather. No sense in hiding it now that she is all naked.