1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

1981 Seca 550 on Ebay

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by RPHRIDER, Jul 23, 2014.

1. RPHRIDER

RPHRIDER Member

2. jackb23548

jackb23548 New Member

Wish it were closer to me too. Had that exact bike while in college during the late 80's. On a cool desert night that bike would shit and git. Miss her.

3. FtUp

FtUp Well-Known Member

what a rust bucket! looks to only be good for some of the plastic bits. the frame is likely as rusty as the rest of the steel parts. it's amazing how clean the inside of the tank is.

CN

4. CantWait2Ride

CantWait2Ride New Member

If I was closer, that definitely would become a project.

5. XJOE550

XJOE550 Active Member

Looks like it is worth $300.00 for the parts. But I would say, too much of a project for me. The first thing I look at on these bikes is the condition of the tank. These tanks don't seem to have very thick metal to begin with. Ask me how I know. And they are near impossible to find a replacement tank without paying half the cost of that bike. The rust spots on the tank are not a good sign. It is a possible indicator that the seams (or near them) may be compromised. And who knows what other parts are rusted beyond repair or too expensive to rehabilitate. I purchased a bike in this condition for $275.00 Still would rather pay $800 to a $1500 for one with little or no rust and be way ahead of the game. This bike will end up costing a lot more in the end.