1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

1981 Virago VX750 Missing Part

Discussion in 'Other Motorcycles' started by Rwetzler, Apr 10, 2024.

1. Rwetzler

Rwetzler New Member

Working on restoring a 1981 Virago VX750. When I got the bike, it was partially disassembled, so I've been feeling my way through piecing it back together. For the right side cover, I'm missing some sort of bracket that would house a grommet (see the attached photo) so that the side cover can snap into place. Additionally, I'm stumped by the 90-degree bent rods (one on each side). I assume they must hold some sort of grommet/damper for supporting the front of the seat. IMG_1355.jpeg

2. Rwetzler

Rwetzler New Member

I think I figured it out. I 3D printed the upper hold down bracket based off a hacked up original part that had a section cut off of it. After reviewing a parts illustration looks like the cover snaps into into this part
    4X7-82136-00-00 Plate, Batt Fitting. It's odd I cannot find this as a used part or even find a picture of it on the internet. No old stock available either. I will modify my 3d print and go that route. The attachment shows the part in question.

Attached Files: