1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

1982 Seca & 1982 Maxim Part Swap

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by patrickcolford, Oct 9, 2011.

1. patrickcolford

patrickcolford New Member

I have a 1982 Seca that is my daily driver, and I have a 1982 Maxim parts bike, wondering if i could swap out the Seca's rectangle headlight, and gauges to the Maxim's round headlight and gauges, if so is it a direct plug and play or is it a cut this wire, run this wire, cut this bracket, I don't want to get in over my head. If it is a fairly simple swap I will attempt it, if not I will leave it alone. Any and all input is welcomed!!

Attached Files:

2. vanone750

vanone750 Member

Patrick,

Good question, I just posted the same question in the modifications forum. I have an 82 XJ750 Seca and I changed the square headlight with a round one I bought from Embro. I had to cut a small portion off the top of the bucket so it would not hit the ignition box, and that allowed me to run the wires through the bucket as well. Will try to send you a pic of it. Now I want to exchange the square speedo and tach as well. Keep me informed.

Attached Files:

3. patrickcolford

patrickcolford New Member

The light looks good..bought from Embro?? Is it from a maxim set up? Look forward to more instruction from you, or anyone who has done these swaps. In the forums there are plenty of people who have done the swaps but i cannot seem to find anyone who has swapped Maxim parts from the Seca parts. Thanks again!!