1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

1982 XJ650 Bobber

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by Djdonkey00, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Djdonkey00

Djdonkey00 New Member

Copied over from introducing myself

Hey guys I've been lurking on the site for a while now after buying a xj bobber. Tore it down a while back and am now starting to do the reuild for this riding season. Spent the past couple days messing with the frame cutting and grinding all the excess crap off and welding up a new hard tail for it. It came with some ugly cut out struts when I got it but I've finally decided to get moving and make this thing my way. So now the frame is getting straightened out and I have many plans for many things in the coming reassembly. I'll post some pics up of what I have so far and update as new things get done.

Here are some pics
    what i started with, not bad but needs improvement
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    starting to tear down after trying out some shocks vs the solid struts
    [​IMG]
    chop chop hard tail incoming
    [​IMG]
    almost there
    [​IMG]
    looking good
    [​IMG]
    i like the new look, more work to do but a good starting point.
    [​IMG]

2. Ted

Ted Member

Cool ride man - looking forward to seeing your progress! 8)

3. knuckle.deep

knuckle.deep New Member

WHite wAllz! right on dude! chop and bob sir, chop and bob!

4. Djdonkey00

Djdonkey00 New Member

Yeah those used to be some pretty decent avons but are dry rot a bit so I'm probably about to replace them with the shinko 777 white walls. I just love the look. Also on a side note after seeing your build page and a few others like it I'm seriously considering cutting off all my previous hardtail work and stretching the rear. I have a lathe and a mill, so time to dig through the scrap box and see what I can come up with. I really want to drop the seat down some. I think it will look better in the long run for me with the t bars I'm going to build up for her.