1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

1982 XJ750J Maxim in Seattle, WA

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by Ashex, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Ashex

Ashex Member

I got this bike at the beginning of the season as my first bike, she's treated me well and the engine runs strong. This is a great bike, very comfortable and great on the highway (I used it primarily for commuting to work, 15-20 miles).
    It's got around 49k miles on it, speedo cable is broken (I have a new one to put in, just haven't been able to find a front stand to borrow to do so) but the estimate is pretty accurate as it stopped working earlier this year and I've only put a few hundred miles on it since.

Things I've done since getting it:

* Cleaned up the electrics - replaced battery and rectifier
    * Changed Oil & Filter 2 weeks ago
    * Replaced tires (have about 140 miles on them) - Pirelli Front MT 66-Route 130/90H-16 and Continental Front Conti Go 3.25H-19
    * Replaced spark plugs & air filter today

Things I planned to get done:

* Rebuild petcock
    * Replace the in-line fuse mess with a proper fuse block
    * Replace flasher relay with an electric one

I believe it's running a little rich, I haven't been able to correct it as I lack a garage to work in.

I have a box of levers/pedals that I'll include. I'm planning to keep working on it until it's sold, will also continue to ride it.

$1200 OBO

[​IMG]

[​IMG]