1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

1984 CB700 Nighthawk Carbs - suggestions?

Discussion in 'Other Motorcycles' started by Dan Gardner, Aug 7, 2023.

1. Dan Gardner

Dan Gardner Well-Known Member Premium Member

Hi all,

I've got a buddy with a 1984 Honda CB700 Nighthawk that is having some carb issues.

I would love to help, but I already have too many projects and I've never touched a Honda carb.

Any suggestions? Is there a @hogfiddles of Honda somewhere?

Thanks

2. Fuller56

Fuller56 Well-Known Member

Cary, NC (winter) Harpursville, NY (summer)
    There is Randakks (check my spelling) , a business that I think does rebuilds as well as parts.

3. jayrodoh

jayrodoh YimYam

Wired George does those carbs. Service is amazing, have used his services before.

4. Shane Williams

Shane Williams New Member

Me. Pensacola carb doctor. it's on Google. I can do the carb job but here's the real question. Is it bone stock? Are the valves in spec? Any mods? Just slapping a new set of carbs in is not probably gonna be a magic cure.
    And carbs are carbs. It's not a big deal those cb carbs arent much different at all to an xj rack. I've took racks from a kz 650 and modified them to work on cb 650. I've deleted efi from 2 different Harley's and made them carbureted bikes. I've fit vm 34s to xs bikes found dead without carbs and turned them into flat trackers. It's not hard just pay attention to how it's all put together. But every bike out there is very similar
    Just remember suck squeeze bang blow
    It's all kinda the same really I've got 176 builds in. Countless repairs. You got this