1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

1985 Maxim xj700n part out unless...

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by mcrwt644, May 20, 2010.

1. mcrwt644

mcrwt644 Member

by the weekend of June 4th, the issue is not sorted, I am parting an extremely nice 85 maxim xj700n. I believe if this happens, the exhaust is already spoken for. Here are pictures BEFORE I got it. The luggage rack is MINE and not on the bike. The backrest is available, but has no pad on it. It has ~11k on it. Guages are PERFECT, tank is PERFECT inside and out, Seats are oem and nice. Tires are probably staying with me as they have 35 miles on them. I will keep an eye on this post. Post up what you need and send me a sane reasonable offer. I'm going to lose money on this, but it's got to go, I'm tired of looking at it. Btw, the engine has 120psi across the board. Anyone semi local? I'll take 850 for the bike whole, minus tires. And yes, I had it running, took it for a 35 mile ride, rode like a champ.

Mike, if you know someone there, I'll deliver it....

I will add updated/clean bike pics later today...

Attached Files:

2. jeffydv

jeffydv New Member

I could use the speedometer and the chrome air box covers. for around $35? Let me know. Thanks

3. Gortty_Pilot

Gortty_Pilot New Member

I'm interested in the engine guards if your bike doesn't work out.

4. chuckles_no

chuckles_no Member

You're going to get rid of it in parts and wish you'd kept it. Didn't you restore this bike?

5. mcrwt644

mcrwt644 Member

The guages will go as a set with the covers. And 35 is a bit low. I'll check for the airbox covers. I have a few sets.

This bike will NOT run. DesingerMike has the carbs right now and he's checking into them to see if I missed something. If he can't find something, it's being parted, and probably junked.

6. schooter

schooter Active Member

damn- if you werent so far away I'd snatch the engine....and then RESTORE my 700...

btw- i'm going to wal fart to get the check Tonight... it's raining so i dont have to work til the cows come home.... can you pm me your adress- I dont have the box you shipped my my regulator in.

lol, and about the regulator- mine turned out not to be bad i guess- i was riding the bike for awhile without it and then it quit because it was running off the battery, so i char4ged it up and said what the heck, plugged in my regulator, stayed running, turned it off and it started right up.

7. Swissjon

Swissjon Member

Take a closer photo of the gagues etc please.. Are they MPH or KPH? I might be interested for the right ones? Only if they'd work on a XJ900 85 frame... US$60?

8. jeffdodge

jeffdodge Member

How much for the handlebar controls.. I only need the left one, but Ill take both if you dont want to part them.

9. koolaid5

koolaid5 Member

I'm interested in the tank. Let me know how much you want for it shipped to 28348.

10. Maxim-X

Maxim-X Well-Known Member

Are the mirrors the original ones with Yamaha on the back? Plus do you know if the crash bars will fit the 750 Maxim-X Canadian model? I know someone already asked about the crash bars, but haven't seen any updates on what's been sold.
    Prices and shipping costs to London Ontario Canada, U.S.P.S. please, no UPS or FED-EX as they crucify us on brokerage charges.
    Example: $10.00 part, $50.00 brokerage fee! 8O

Cheers, Graham

11. mcrwt644

mcrwt644 Member

the mirrors are oem, not perfect, but nice.
    the guages are mph, and I don't know if they will fit an 85 xj900. I guarantee you, the guages are PERFECT.
    I will let you know on the tank. The only thing holding this up is whether or not it will go after desingermike takes a gander at it...2 weeks

12. mcrwt644

mcrwt644 Member

pics for those who asked, this is the bike after the clean up today, ok, maybe not spotless, but better than it was.
    the tank has NO dents and the pain is extremely nice, yet not perfect
    Guages are perfect, no wrinkles, scratches or anything.
    Crash guards are spoken for by a forum member that pm'd me, and they are flawless. Exhaust came off my bike, and is extremely nice. If I can't get this thing going in 2 weeks, I'll disassemble and take better pics then.
    If you want a picture of something, pm me with your e mail address. The tci/rectifier are all good. Seats are original oem. Bars are perfect.

Attached Files:

13. Swissjon

Swissjon Member

Damn. I really like those gagues, but MPH is not going to cut it, thanks anyway. :(

14. mcrwt644

mcrwt644 Member

that's too bad, because they are about as mint as you can get.

15. Swissjon

Swissjon Member

Yeah :( I can see that, but the Swiss laws prohibit me from using a clock with miles for the odeometer.. I could have changed the background of the speedo, I'm sure, but I can't change the trip counter.. :(

Oh well.. Good luck with the sale..

16. dbikers

dbikers Member

hey mcrwt644...pm'd ya

17. DaPuff

DaPuff New Member

I'm interested in the handlebars. I'll send a PM on the price.

18. mcrwt644

mcrwt644 Member

I think I'm going to ebay with it. I've had some ok offers, and some down right insulting ones. I have to recover the cost of the bike, or close to it.

19. Shorts42

Shorts42 New Member

You should just post what you think is reasonable for some of the items, I would be interested in the seat and speedometer gauges.......whats fair to you?

20. lllintothevoidlll

lllintothevoidlll New Member

What would you want for the stator (if it is tested and working) as well as the rear left turn signal?