1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

81 Seca 750 brake and light issues

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Timbox, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

Thanks k-moe, I already did the swx and that was fine. I took the carbs off today and went through them again. Some how I missed or the enrichment jets in two of the bowls got plugged again. Good bench sync and got the carbs back in. She runs really nice now and didn't even change anything when I hooked up the sync tool, it was that close.

I will trace those wires out as I want that light to work, it is there so it should work. I would guess it might be a broken or pinched wire like you said...between the swx and the light.

2. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

Finished up trouble shooting the AUX light, it was the swx. Tried to fix it, no way, so it got relocated to the center rubber part with a new waterproof swx. The starter button was also done so that got a new momentary swx too. Pics to follow as the glue is still setting. So the Seca for the most part is done. Have to get plates on it and see how she will do for a kick around the county bike.

3. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member