1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

82 xj550j Maxim Turbo?

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Littleberg, May 31, 2007.

1. Littleberg

Littleberg New Member

I'm looking at purchasing a maxim from a lady who states that the bike is turbocharged. However, I can't find any information at all about a stock turbo on the internet. Is she just pulling my chain? Is this a stock option? Where would the turbo be located if so? Any information at all would be helpful.
    Andy

2. RickCoMatic

RickCoMatic Well-Known Member

The turbo would be on the engine; somewhere between the back of the front wheel and the front of the back wheel.

The hardest ones to find are the ones that are in somebody else's imagination!

One possible hint would be ... if it's a Turbo ... the Badge will say TURBO; not Maxim.

3. Fraps

Fraps Member

The turbo charged bike is a Seca not a Maxim. The bikes are often confused but if you are looking for info look for Seca Turbos, not Maxim Turbos.

Beware, don't get too excited about a Turbo bike. Often the turbos are missing or burnt/non functional. However, if the price is right, you'll still have a nice bike.