1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

82 xj650rj Seca… rebirth?!

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by Wildabeast, Oct 15, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Wildabeast

Wildabeast New Member

Hey y’all I’ve gotten ahold of an 82 xj650rj seca. She’s not my first bike but she is the first I’ve actually taken to given proper treatment. Having said that I know and respect the XJ family and there believe to keep as stock as possible. In the case of my frame and other subjects changes POs have done it’s not feasible for me to revert back. However I have not strayed from the retro big these bikes give. I’ve turned towards taking my beloved and scramble/cafe style. This is where it’s become my undertaking to ask what’s y’all’s builds or ideas on doing so. I’m not asking necessarily for step by step guidance just suggestions on what I should do for maintenance, performance, and genuine scrambler/cafe hybrid styles if possible.

2. Wildabeast

Wildabeast New Member

3. Wildabeast

Wildabeast New Member

Seat you see is a Harley roadking 114 oem. I still need to fab up the rear end. I previously found a scrap hooo from some dirt bike that fit enough to give me a solid frame while I stored her. Not sure if the links required were necessary but they sure gave it shape and inspiration. Will be taking off and fabricating a square rear to accommodate the Harley seat. It was a gift from my step dad and he’s a Harley fan. It must work. Wiring harness it basic as of right now for im not sure what I’m keeping electrical wise still (hi/low option, front rear blinkers).