1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

'82 xj750j maxim

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by maxim xjj, Jun 16, 2022.

1. maxim xjj

maxim xjj New Member

K-Moe Good day to ya, hey you have answered a few of my questions & now I have to ask you another one. I have the 1982 xj750j & I was wanting to know if you or you knew someone I could send my carbs to have them rebuilt by someone who knows this 4 carb system. Up here in Montana, I go to Bike Night every Wednesday here in Billings & out of too many to count bike owners & those who throw colors not one I said it not one knows anything about these 4 carbs on my xjj maxim The Yamaha shop here does not have a tech old enough to know about the carbs either

2. maxim xjj

maxim xjj New Member

McTavish, hey good day to ya, I sent a post to K-Moe & now you on sending my carbs to you or somebody you might know to have them rebuilt As I told him Billings has bike night every Wednesday & to many to count bikes show up & I have asked & not one knows anything about these carbs I know most who go & I thought its a Yamaha but I dont think they know

3. McTavish

McTavish Active Member

start a conversation with hogfiddles, about carb work. highly respected.

k-moe likes this.
  4. maxim xjj

maxim xjj New Member

Thank you I will do just that

5. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

@hogfiddles its the first person I'd recommend. It's probably going to be another 6-8 months before I have my workspace set up to do anything that requires absolute cleanliness. Fixing other peoples DYI home "improvements" takes a while.

6. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

I’ve attempted to reply to him directly, 3 times now, and it keeps going to my own private messages. I don’t know if he’s getting the replies and I’m now getting a cc, or what.