1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

85 Yamaha XJ700X (Maxim X) with helmets and bags

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by smeban01, Sep 9, 2010.

1. smeban01

smeban01 New Member

I bought this a couple of years ago for $2800 and am pretty disappointed to list it at $1200, but its gotta go!

This bike is in great mechanical condition. I bought it in 2008 and its now up to 27,859 miles. Its been my long distance bike. I drove it to Portland, OR in 08, and then used it as my commuter from the Portland area to southern California. 95% of the last 12K are miles are interstate miles. I've kept regular maintenance on this bike since day one of my ownership and a list of renewed or replaced items is below.

Front tire - 1,700 miles
    Rear tire - 1,700 miles
    Front wheel bearings 1,500 miles
    Front brakes 2,000 miles
    Speedo sending unit - 100 miles
    Front fork seals - Brand new
    Seat cover - brand new
    Battery is 2 years old
    Universal Joint on shaft drive - 4,000 miles

I had Dr. Browns motorcycle shop work on it while I was in the portland area. Extremely skilled motorcycle technician!
    I just got it back from the shop here in Iowa. They went through the carbs and fuel system and cleaned the starter.

Its in good shape for its age. It comes with saddle bags, one full face HJC helmet, and one turtle shell helmet.

It has a clean title (no leans) and registration is current into 2011.

Feel free to shoot me an email and I'll send you my phone number.
    smeban01@luther.edu

Attached Files: