1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

A momentous occasion....im finally working on my 81 maxim

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by MotoMatRow, Oct 13, 2011.

1. MotoMatRow

MotoMatRow New Member

A few months back I purchased a 1981 yamaha maxim 550 with 11000 orig. Miles on it. It was black with chrome fenders and bone stock. I then painted it green. I then decided to hardtail and semi rat bike it. Then I got my second bike and decided to do a frame off complete bobber, whilst cleaning every piece that came off the bike before putting it back on. Ive removed the stock seat, handlebars, gauge cluster, airbox and battery box in exchange for a steel seat pan, bullhorns, 2 inch speedo, pods with beercan mod painted black, and a battery relocation. I also have seven inch hardtail struts I've dissambled the carbs and had them machine boiled and scrubbed and have rebuild kits on the way, and checked my valves. Now for what I am planning to do. Painting the engine, finding the perfect bobber fender, welding it on, powdercoating frame blue, with a white stripe down thhe center of the tank and front and rear fenders. Fabbing a foward control kit and viola, bikes done. Pictures to follow shortly

2. Orange-n-Black

Orange-n-Black Well-Known Member

Pics.......we want pics! LOL