1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Anybody seen a XJ Dragbike? Looking for resources.

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by aztech, Dec 7, 2006.

1. aztech

aztech New Member

Been looking for a dragbike. Mostly Kawis. Getting a little tired of taking the VMax out and then having it down for a week while I fix whatever I broke. I have a 900 Seca sitting in the garage. Wondering if anyone else ever made any modifications to convert an XJ to a real drag bike. Looking for info on chain conversions and wider swingarms. Any good tips on lowering the front and back. Any place to get custom frames. Just an Idea as the bike is just sitting there right now. Needs some carb parts, but when it runs it screams. Any help would be appreciated.

2. eatatjoz

eatatjoz Member

I can't say that I've seen a XJ drag bike before, but they make one hell of a ATV :D

There isn't any real call for high performance parts for a Seca. Anything you want modified is probably going to have to be done yourself.
    If you were just screwing around with it, you could change that 18" rear wheel to a 16" virago wheel to drop the final ratio a bit, and add the usual free-flow stuff and rejet. I don't know if Weisco still has a big bore kit for it anymore.

Bad news, but anything other than that will be one off, no swing arm conversions, no chain conversions, no aftermarket frames. You're going to need to be dedicated to the project.

It sounds like a fun project though. If you were closer, I'd say drop it off at the house and we can start cuttin'

(What kind of times are you getting out of Mr. Max?)

3. kevineleven

kevineleven Member

I have seen a few on ebay and craigslist, but not in person. mainly just stripped down, changed exhaust and added struts.

4. MacMcMacmac

MacMcMacmac Member

A guy on the xs11.com site converted his XS to chain drive. Says it wasn't really worth the effort, which was considerable. Might be worth hooking up a turbo to it if all out power is the goal, there's a few who've done it.

5. yamxj666

yamxj666 New Member

6. aztech

aztech New Member

Thanks for the tips. Think I will have to look elsewhere for a dragbike project. My best on the Max is a 11.7 at 114. I'm still scared to really launch the thing.

7. aztech

aztech New Member

Thanks to all for the info. Sounds like a little too much for the time and money I have to put into a drag bike project. May have to look for a Kawi or Suzuki.