1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Anyone with MAC 4-2 Exhaust

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Stooge, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Stooge

Stooge Member

Just got my new mac 4-2s on, and are your pipes as insanely loud as mine? I expected something louder than stock, but even with earplugs these things were killing me. I still think I'm quieter than your average bar-hoppin harley, but that's not saying too much.

Anyone with theses have issues with the noise levels?

2. tebo

tebo Member

Good post, I am wanting to get a set of those with turnouts. my header pipes are 1/2 mashed shut and a muffler cracked in half. I like a rumble but not a roar. but I like the 4 into2 not a single on one side. some one help us both,

3. WesleyJN1975

WesleyJN1975 Member

The 4-1 sounds more like a crotch rocket and the 4-2 has a nice deep rumble. Over this winter I'm changing my XJ650 from 4-1 to 4-2 with no baffles. Next step is to find out what jet sizes for my carbs because right now they are stock sized jets.

4. tebo

tebo Member

look on ebay , yamaha maxim exaust the place from florida says no jetting required

5. tjdude

tjdude Member

I have a 4-1 strait pipe. and its pretty loud(it does sound like a crotch rocket). I am just wondering if you have to have some kind of flame arrestor to get it inspected in Texas.......

6. Ass.Fault

Ass.Fault Active Member

not sure about that.
    they have a noise law here
    go try and let me know :)

7. tjdude

tjdude Member

heh its nowhere close to as loud as a harley is with screaming eagles but when I downshift hard there are flames but I think I'm running a lil rich still

8. Ass.Fault

Ass.Fault Active Member

I might imagine so.
    I was thinking about going with a mac 4-2
    I got almost original exhaust. Still lacking a right side muffler thats solid(Holes)
    Its been tough to locate one so if mac 4-2 is more rumble than crotchy I might be looking into it
    I think the 4-1 is a tad bit cheaper, but money is only an object :)

Stooge are the baffles in your pipes? I though that mac had removable so that would make me assume you could have taken them out.