1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Arduino uno replacement for tci

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by minimuttly, Sep 29, 2024.

1. minimuttly

minimuttly Active Member

So the box of trix is here, I've done some reading up, and it seems the uno is maybe not the best to use due to the slow speed of the processor. I've yet to confirm this for myself, and also, any code I manage to concoct together is port-able to other, faster micro's so it will at least be a working test bed.
    The goal is to take the inputs from the standard pickups, fire the coils at the right time and with the right dwell time, all through the rpm range, and add a 3rd dimension which is engine load (from a vacuum sensor). In theory this should give way better part throttle response and economy, and eventually it will get built into a plug in module, with all the supply voltage protection, filtering etc built in.
    This will be a stop - go spare time project, likely to take some time, so don't be suprised to not here anything for months at a time. My previous history with these types of things was 20 something years ago for my final year degree project - I used a Microchip PIC 16f877 to run ignition and fuel injection - it worked well, but was an intense 4 months of work. Hopefully this time it will be easier if not quicker.

cds1984, LAB3, Uxbridge Brule and 3 others like this.