1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

are there XJ700 Bags, Luggage rack, Sizzy Bar?

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by roehlerich, Mar 19, 2011.

1. roehlerich

roehlerich New Member

Now that my 85 Maxim is ready for the road, I am looking to pack a bag and hit the road. I cannot see many pictures with any kind of accessories like a luggage rack or bags made for our bikes. Any thoughts?

2. macros10

macros10 Member

I'm pretty sure you can get a luggage rack for it, not sure about bags, most likely some after-market bags from a bike shop or something. I got a luggage rack with my 550 when I bought it, not sure who makes it as there aren't any names stamped on it that I can see, but it fits and works, I just hate how it looks, lol.

3. steve71100

steve71100 Member

I have a set of aftermarket bags on mine. They are very helpful for carrying things I need often. I used to use a backpack strapped to my backrest and the bags are SO much better. I am not real crazy about how they look, but since I am planning a trip to Florida at the end of April they are a MUST! I will take convenience over looks any day!

4. Desinger_Mike

Desinger_Mike Member

I opted for a trunk instead. No bags sitting on the mufflers, has a built in backrest, always dry, and doesn't drag on the ground though the twisties.
    The trunk itself was cheap but mounting it securely enough was a bit more challenging.
    The stock backrest mount on the XJ700 isn't very strong (OEM luggage rack was rated for 12 pounds I think)