1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Boston Area Sync and ColorTune Week

Discussion in 'Eastern US and Canada' started by RickCoMatic, Aug 12, 2007.

1. RickCoMatic

RickCoMatic Well-Known Member

I'm going to be available to help Boston Area Members get their Bikes Synced and ColorTuned this week.

PM me to make an appointment for coming to the new "Micro-Shoppe" and getting getting the Bike tuned-up nice.

Not a Carb Clinic
    Not a Carbs off the bike and drill-out Pilot Mixture Screws.

This is a "Get Dialed-in" situation; only.
    If your Mixture Screws haven't had their Anti-tamper Plugs removed -- Remove them and assure that they can be adjusted.

This is for Boston and Vacinity Members who are all cleaned-up and ready to Rock-'n-roll.
    Tuning ONLY.

Carbs Synced with Motion Pro Vacuum Carb Sticks
    YICS Tool -- Provided.
    ColorTune Plug System -- Provided.
    Aux Tuning Fuel Tank -- Provided.
    Cooling Fans -- Provided.
    Coffee Can for donations to the Feral Feline Rescue -- Provided.

PM me for an appointment and how to reach me by phone.
    Limit: Your 1 Bike
    Daily Limit: 3 Bikes ... (Then, I start to lose it!)

Be "On the EDGE" for Fall.

2. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Member

Hey there Rick - That sure sounds like a "Carb Clinic" to me - you're simply setting your ground-rules for the attendance... No drilling out of mixture screws, etc at mine either... and this'll be the 3rd that I've hosted in Dallas.

Then again - the king of the carb clinics (Dwayne Verhey) gave me great advise: "Don't start any project at the clinic that will get you in over your head". We generally have several attend from out of state and from the far reaches of Texas (You listening, Jeff?) who are VERY knowledgeable, and help out. For that reason - I prefer the "group" setting.

G'Luck - And I'll see ya on the XJ Planet!
    Rex S.

3. wolfmajor

wolfmajor New Member

Hey Rick,
    I've taken my XJ out a few times, but it's running so rough in the low rpm range that it's almost dangerous! Wish I had a trailer to haul it down there. I'm gone for vacation this Friday until next weekend, but hope to somehow connect with your expertise sometime after that (if you're still available). I tend to agree with your assessment that it's probably tuned too lean. So, hopefully a little tweaking will do the trick and get me a few rides before the season starts coming to a close.
    Chat with you later.
    Wolfmajor

4. RickCoMatic

RickCoMatic Well-Known Member

Wolfmajor:

I know we set you up Lean.
    We tuned-in the "Early" Blue on the Colortune Plug ... we should have "Gone through" that Blue and come back to where it really needs to be.

If you can put a drop of oil on the tops of them screws and turn them OUT about a little more than a quarter turn ... that should get you to where you might be able to bring the bike in.

You just pick a time that's convenient for you. I'll make it a point of doing your ColorTune again ... just let me know when it's good for you.

If I need to ride up there to your place ... that's fine, too. I got SaddleBags for Father's Day and I'll pack what we need and come-up and get you Dialed-in.

Your call.