1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

calling all XJ riders

Discussion in 'Eastern US and Canada' started by blueseca, Mar 19, 2008.

1. blueseca

blueseca Member

ride the dragon at deals gap, the second weekend in may, www.dealsgap.com, they have rooms, apartments, and camping, i will be there. this is the best place to ride in the world. 318 turns in 11 miles.

2. blueseca

blueseca Member

for real lets do this

3. blueseca

blueseca Member

does any one ever ride these bike or do they just talk about them. these bikes arent H-D bikes they are yamaha bikes you dont have to always work on them, you should ride them more than you wrench on them. so damnit lets ride

4. johndo

johndo New Member

My brother and I are planning a ride that will start at Deals gap and go north through the Shenandoa Vally. Unforthunetly my job is sending me to places I can't talk about so it will have to wait till next year. Keep in touch and maybe we can hook up for the Deals gap part.

5. Marko

Marko Member

"does any one ever ride these bike or do they just talk about them. these bikes arent H-D bikes they are yamaha bikes you dont have to always work on them, you should ride them more than you wrench on them. so damnit lets ride"

I'm sure most, if not all here ride, not just wrench. The fact that we're wrenching in a garage and enjoying it speaks to the fact they aren't Harleys. Riding sans wrenching is only asking for trouble at the worst possible time. And it's still a bit early in the year for some. Case in point- there was ice and grease covered by four inches of snow on the ground at my house this morning. Most prefer to get the majority of the wrenching done during the crappy weather, which for some of us, isn't over yet.

6. blueseca

blueseca Member

sorry i didnt mean to sound like a jerk i did have to put alot of work into mine too. but i was just hopeing to get some xj riders to go to the dragon i think this is a tight group and it would be cool to meet some in person, i know these bikes run awesome and are great for the gap, there are also alot of other rides around there too

7. blueseca

blueseca Member

lets do this

8. turbobike

turbobike Member

If you ain't wrenching, you ain't riding.

If you haven't wrenched on the side of the road, you haven't taken a real trip yet.

If you can't field strip your carbs and rebuild, you haven't rode long enough.

:)

9. blueseca

blueseca Member

I WASNT TRYING TO SAY THAT I DONT WRENCH OR REALT SAYING THAT OTHERS DONT RIDE I AM TRYING GO GET OTHERS TO RIDE WITH ME
    AT THE MOST AWESOME PLACE IN THE WORLD