1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Cigarette Smokers Time to quit

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by waldo, Apr 24, 2013.

1. waldo

waldo Member

I am a long time smoker I recently quit 6 weeks now. I bought the FIN e-cig at Walmart and then purchased smoke juice from Johnson creek to refill the e-cigs any how give it a try I can tell you its not as good as a real cigarette but its better than nothing if you have questions post

2. Special_edy

Special_edy Member

I was a 2-3 pack a day smoker and I quit over a year ago. I quit cold turkey, infact the unopened pack from the morning I quit is still sitting in a drawer in the kitchen. I left it there so I was reminded every time I had a craving that the only thing which keeps me from smoking is my own unwaivering determination to stop doing it.
    It does get easier with time but remember that your will power is stronger than nicotine.

3. midnightmoose

midnightmoose Member

I smoked over a pack a day for 22 years. Quit 2 years ago this month using CIG2O e-cig from a smoke shop. I used that for a few weeks and then stopped altogether. I found the hardest thing about quitting smoking was not buying another pack when I'd run out. Now I don't even have cravings anymore...in fact the smell of cigs disgusts me now. Can't believe I smoked for so many years. Wish I had all that money back that I smoked away.

4. Kilted_to_the_Max(im)

Kilted_to_the_Max(im) Member

Pipe smoker. From my cold dead hands.

I make my decisions in life based on fact and choice, not cherry-picked EPA studies from the 70's that were thrown out by the supreme court. ^_^ Everyone can and should decide for themselves what they want to put in, on, and around their body, and if you choose to smoke or not smoke, I'll support your decision in any case.

5. Foolber

Foolber Member

This makes me want to go have a cig....so I shall.

6. BluesBass

BluesBass Member

Never was a smoker myself; I always thought it was too expensive and damaging a habit. I've also got pretty bad allergies, so even if I wanted to I couldn't.

The way I look at it, that is extra money in my pocket for other vices such as quality alcohol or more importantly motorcycles.

7. iwingameover

iwingameover Active Member

Never cared for cigarettes. Now cigars, on the other hand... damn, that is an expensive hobby...

8. mwhite74

mwhite74 Member

i smoked sporadically over the years... Had a tumor on my thyroid removed (as well as half my thyroid, benign btw) and the thought of cigarette smoke getting close to where that tumor once was really grossed me out.

Quitting though, man nicotine has had a pull on me... After a few days the cravings subsided but watching the guys putting coats on to go for a cigarette had me practically shaking to stop from tagging along... Good on you for giving it up.

Hey Americans, you can't get cuban cigars can you? Man you're missing out :p

9. pjk_xj700

pjk_xj700 Member

Ha, true. I was in jamaica and I bought a cuban and a Dom Rep, i think, for my friend back here in the states. Made me nervous going through customs.

I quit drinking, then quit smoking about 10 years ago. I don't miss either ( much ).

10. 750E-II_29Rbloke

750E-II_29Rbloke Active Member

I quit drinking about 7 years back now (still have the occasional "night" maybe 4 or 5 times a year but was getting to the point back then where I was pissing my life up the wall every day & night on cheap Whiskey and Cider)

Never been able to quit smoking though (guess I don't particularly want to yet or I would've done), even when I was in hospital for 3 weeks after my accident in 2010 I was going through nicotine inhalators at a rate of knots & every visitors time after I was able to get out of bed, got wheeled outside for a chain smoke :roll:

Those E-cig things are not bad though, have tried them & they "work" :D

11. KrS14

KrS14 Active Member

I've smoked for 23 years, I did quit back a couple years ago for 5 months. Worst 5 months of my life...

12. gunnabuild1

gunnabuild1 Member

Wife and I quit 5 years ago.
    I'm back on them,god knows why, I cant come up with a single positive reason for it.
    About to stop again.
    Dont like to use "Give up" as it implies your missing out on something.

13. RonWagner

RonWagner Member

My hat's off for all of you who have kicked the habbit. Fortunately I never got stsrted on tobacco. Snacking at night is my vice, not healthy either.

14. ken007

ken007 Member

after smoking just about anything that would burn for 26 years i just quit, cold turkey, i was drinking beer, about midnight and only had enough tabacco left to roll a tiny little smoke ,shook my head and thought not much of a last smoke, and that was about 7 years ago,wasnt planning to quit weird, at the same time i was working at a brewery and always had 2 full fridges of beer and was never tempted to have a smoke after / while drinking, i guess something just clicked in my head, i have a wife and kids, none of them smoke.

15. waldo

waldo Member

Good on all you guys for your replies Personally I have always enjoyed smoking and never really wanted to quit still dont but its time to put it aside and concentrate on drinking.

16. Stumplifter

Stumplifter Well-Known Member

Used to smoke two packs a day. Quit for years, now I 'occasionally' smoke, pipe and cigarettes. Bourbon- now there is a vice that is on the cusp of becoming a bad habit. . . . Last year or so it has become fashionable for a lot of distillers to make 'small batch' bourbons.

They truly are sooo delicious, so many bourbons, so little time.

17. Bighappy

Bighappy Member

I personally switched from analogs to my VAMO e-cig in Jan of this year. It's definately not the same but the ability to have the nicotine without the 4000+ other chemicals is nice....and I can use it indoors!

18. Krafty

Krafty Member

I smoke about one pack every 2 weeks. just one cig before and one after work. Once my little girl is born then ill probably just quit altogether.

Its easier not to smoke if none of your coworkers smoke then nobody is tempting you.
    when everybody you work with smokes then its mighty hard not to get drawn into smoking.

19. Mike82mxm

Mike82mxm Member

Can you smoke indoors anywhere in the states?Here in Canada(i may be wrong) ya cant smoke anywhere inside (exept yer own house) and in manitoba ya cant smoke in the car with anyone under 18.Good reason to quit go for a rod trip with your kids :?

20. BluesBass

BluesBass Member

This should be the law in the States.