1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

clutch question...

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by KumanK, Feb 24, 2012.

1. KumanK

KumanK Member

So i havent had much time to work on my beloved XJ lately due to training for my deployment to Afghanistan coming up next month but I am buckling down and trying to get it running, well riding... Im having the same issue of the bike dying when it goes int gear. I have the clutch torn apart and Im really thinking this is the problem so my question is... Is this plate worn too far? all of them look the exact same (wear wise)

Attached Files:

2. MiCarl

MiCarl Active Member

Thanks for serving!

Can't tell from a picture if it's too worn. Needs to be measured.

Worn out clutch won't make it stall though. Put it on center stand, start up, and put in gear (side stand up). If it stalls you've got a problem with the side stand switch or relay.

3. KumanK

KumanK Member

Thank you for your support... When the bike is running on the center stand and I put it in gear it dies very quickly and the rear tires hops, but the side stand relay is non existant. The wiring was done with a custom harness and the safety slot on the TCI is vacant. It has a bare bones harness with only the essentials. Also I just cleaned, rebuilt, and re jetted the carbs but the problem was occuring before then.